Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky say i cant port forward with my router. True?

This is a discussion on Sky say i cant port forward with my router. True? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; @kipper - you dont say what programs you use, but if as you say you have not had to open ...

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky say i cant port forward with my router. True?

@kipper - you dont say what programs you use, but if as you say you have not had to open ports etc to use them you are the only one that hasn't. Are you sure your router firewall is enabled - if it isn't i'd be making sure it is - quick
      cheers
      dave

2. Advertisement
      david098 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: peterlee
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation Re: Sky say i cant port forward with my router. FALSE!

As regards to sky say you cant port forward their netgear router....

I have came across the same problem... Sky told me i could not port forward my router or i would void the warranty..

I then told them that the software that the router has on it. Is puplic software as you can alter the software when ever u want or as much as you want. Heck you could rip the software of and put your own on.

Technically you are still using thier router so there fore u not voiding the warranty. (PLEASE NOTE IF YOU DO THIS MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP THE SOFTWARE ALREADY ON THE ROUTER AND SAVE IT SOME WHERE SAFE)

But where do you find the password and user name so i did some diging and found the key

You can get your user name and password out of skys netgear router by pasting this is in to internet explorer http://192.168.0.1/netgear.cfg
      input your user name and password . then save the file that pops to your desktop and right click on the file... click open with notepad and there u go.

I my self is in the middle of flashing skys router with the new netgear software and inputing my user name and password manuely this should be able me to download a lot faster with outs skys terrible replacement software for the netgear... so i say if people want a shot have a go please know what you doing this is not for the fait hearted lol so i aint responsible ive given you the facts and not lies sky cant take away our rights they just bullys.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I may be missing something but I can't see the username password in the saved file. This works on a standard netgear router, but it does not seem to work on the Sky one. You should be aware that there are several utilities on the forum which allow you to read them, probably the easiest is Mossywell's Bounce, which also supplies a lot more information.

robinhood is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Here is the official response from Sky regarding port blocakage

"We run port blocking on all of our Broadband services in order to maintain the quality of service for all of our customers, you will therefore not be able to run a mail or web server. We block ports 25, 80, 8080 and 3128. "

However, this doesn't solve my problem with the Netmeeting...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12