Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

dns help

This is a discussion on dns help within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there Iím new to all this dns stuff so would just like some advise and guidance. I would like ...

Jammy_Dodger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Nuneaton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

dns help

Hi there Iím new to all this dns stuff so would just like some advise and guidance. I would like to be able to access my home file server at work. I have registered on dyndns.org. I have the following hardware

Qnap ts101 nas server NAS & Surveillance features - QNAP Systems Inc. (this has a ddns option but says if you are behind a router then to use its configuration instead of the qnap one.)

I can access my sky router home page at home through the dns name, how do I access my nas server? Also when I got a friend to try the dns name externally he could not see it.

Not sure if this should be here or the technical forum

2. Advertisement
      davefaz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: dns help

Erm, if I understand it, then you need to use port forwarding to the Qnap. This is configured in the Router. Configure IE's defualt port of 8080 in the Router to go to the Qnap, then by default any access to the IP will go to the Qnap.