Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

upnp portmap table

This is a discussion on upnp portmap table within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Just a quick update on the items in my portmap table, 2 are the same ip address and access port ...

Russ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston Bridge (ESLVB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER115
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Re: upnp portmap table

Just a quick update on the items in my portmap table, 2 are the same ip address and access port 3074, 8524 and 57825. Doing a quick google i found that the x-box which my son leaves powered up ( although not switched on ) and the usb wireless adaptor on it connected uses port 3074, so i`m assuming this is at least one of the listings. *and apparantly the pc i`m using just now seems to be the other, lol - checked the ip address i have just now against the one in upnp table*

ref: Kurt Seifried - Information security / Port 3074 TCP, UDP
      Last edited by Russ; 20-04-07 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added the bit between the *'s

2. Advertisement
      djkemp1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: upnp portmap table

i have a list now on mine with about 20 entries, all saying active. so its fine to disable upnp.

i have also found that on 1 day for about 5 mins in the log that a DOS attack happened it was from different ip numbers, can anyone confirm if this is normal, and if this is a problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12