Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Random Connection Loss? please help!

This is a discussion on Random Connection Loss? please help! within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Your problem sounds much like the one I had. That doesn't mean it IS the same, but it might be. ...

greenwich is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Random Connection Loss? please help!

Your problem sounds much like the one I had. That doesn't mean it IS the same, but it might be. In my case the random disconnects are caused by a dodgy Sky router. I can only get a stable connection by using my own router.

So one thing worth trying is to borrow a friend's router and see if you get a stable connection with that. If you look om this forum, you can find instructions on how to find out your Sky username and password, which you'll need to put into your friend's router.

Be careful about admitting to Sky that you've used someone else's router - it may give them a pretext to close your support call because officially they don't support anything except their own router.

2. Advertisement
      jcooper87 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Portsmouth
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Random Connection Loss? please help!

cheers for your help people.

i tried another router and it was the same problem so i call tech support and they tested my line and said there was loads of errors. they capped it to 8mb and then they tested it again and said no errors were found.

i dont mind being capped to 8mb cos at least its stable and its still only 10 a month. my old ISP i was paying 19.99 for a 1mb!

hopefully all is good now, but if it aint ill be calling them back and cancelling the bb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12