Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Sky Broadband Router details

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Router details within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Dg934...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Router details

Dg934
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      zepler is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I have a Sagem F@ST 2504 and out of interest have been looking at the router log. I found several entries at a time when none of our PCs were switched on so would like to get a better understanding of what they are trying to tell me! Unfortunately the mnemonics used are beyond me so I would grateful if somebody could help by, for example, explaining the following;

Aug 30 12:05:54 (none) user.alert kernel: Intrusion -> IN=ppp_0_38_1 OUT= MAC= SRC=90.209.33.245 DST=90.210.227.233 LEN=48 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=123 ID=33046 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=37507 DPT=445 WINDOW=16384 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

This is the entry for when my wife switched on. I was surprised it doesn't log the MAC address. However understanding what SRC and DST mean would seem to be the key?
      All contributions to my education gratefully received, no doubt once explained I will think it should have been self evident

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: DG834GT + TL-WR702N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Just a guess, but I think its probably source and destination.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Has your firmware been updated?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I haven't updated my firmware so unless its automatic the answer is no. The current version I have is: A2pB023o.d20h

Thanks

No that's the ADSL version, you want the one right at the top of the status page. Sagems are being updated automatically, that's why I ask. The intrusion was from a Sky address.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks
      I thought it was a rather complicated version number! What I have is 1.9Sky.

There were several entries in the log during this time is that usual? DST meaning destination does seem a sensible guess (obviously too sensible for me!) as the IP address when tracked at (utrace - locate IP addresses and domainnames) did point to my home town; however the SCR IP addresses vary and on tracking give different geographic locations although all except one is a sky address.
      The different one is reported as coming from a Japanese "internet research project! How accurate Utrace is I don't know.

I hadn't realised that Sagem was being automatically updated, I think this comforting! Although it does offend my control freak inclinations wrt my PC!

Thanks

That is the present version, so it is not updated yet. The updates started some time ago but were suspended when several bugs were reported. I thought they may have started again.

If you have Respond to Ping on Wan enabled, turn it off and some of the intrusions may stop. It may be possible you had the address of a gamer who had opened ports for his gaming. You will not have the ports open so it is shown as an intrusion. That is the problem with dynamic addresses, you will get traffic for who had the address before you.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks to both people who replied, TomD in particular. I am now better informed and happier re what's in the log. I'll stop the pings and monitor the log for while
      many thanks

Hugh Fraser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Larne
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Question Re: Sky Broadband Router details

Hi Everyone,
      New Sky Broadband User here. I am also concerned about the Intrusion, I have the Black D-Link Router, Can I turn on the Firewall? BTW, I'm on a Mac. Really hope someone can help as I am quite concerned about these "attacks" on the system.

I am running Firmware Version: SKY_1.11, We have had the Broadband less than a week so it's still training so to speak, but came down this morning to find it had lost connection and was flashing orange but as soon as I restarted the router it was fine.
      Hugh
      Last edited by Hugh Fraser; 31-08-10 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Added more details.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast