Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Sky Broadband Router details

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Router details within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have just gone over to Sky broadband and they have supplied me with a Sagem wireles router at 54mps. ...

123tch is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01725
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Router details

I have just gone over to Sky broadband and they have supplied me with a Sagem wireles router at 54mps. this is supposed to replace my Netgear dg834n at 270mps! In fact i relpaced my old DG834T for all the reasons that have been stated ie line drops had to reboot all the time. Do you know if you I can make my DG834N worl on sky broadband?

Quote Originally Posted by SatDish View Post
      The Netgear DG834GT is not the typical cheap router that isp's bundle with there broadband it is a 108 Mbps Super G Wireless ADSL Modem Router,

whats Super G i hear you say...

the reason Sky has chosen this router is for future product development IE: films and sport streaming as an extension of sky's sky by broadband service, even pay per view events may be available through your broadband connection as sky will be able to bill you by logging the mac number in the router when you order online,
      i believe this is the one main reason for sky only allowing use of there supplied router (Netgear DG834GT) with Sky broadband,

there is also talk of being able to set your Sky+ box to record via the internet which means the Sky+ box may be able to connect to the router or come with a wireless connection in the future.

2. Advertisement
      aganuz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Go

i got this modem/router errm its about 108Mbps i think...but i had this really annoying problem...my net is getting slow errm it is slow...any idea whats up with my net?? or modem/router?
      ________
      THE CIGAR BOSS
      Last edited by aganuz; 03-04-11 at 04:42 PM.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

@philosopho

You already have a thread going (with 36 posts in it and rising) about your problems.

Please don't add to other threads asking the same questions - or start yet more threads as you did yesterday and again today.

You've been given a great deal of advice. If you don't understand it or agree with it please use the same thread you first started.

ayazakram is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      the only problem with that router is the lack of support. You wait ages for an updated firmware and if you read Netgear's forums, the last time i looked there was a 33 page thread - full of complaints - on that model.

Were Sky wise to choose this one? - only time will tell!
      hi...I was wondering what the model/make of my sky router is...as i'm having problems downloading...i've got sky broadband mid and the router is netgear black with a stand.
      any ideas?
      much appreciated for any feedback...thanx!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You have a Netgear DG934G as stated in your profile

If you are having problems, post in the Broadband Help section, giving your router stats and stating your problem. Get the stats by opening your router status page and clicking the Statistics button. Copy and paste the results to your post.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

hitenhirani is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale - LWCOL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

I have been having problems recently with my Netgear V1 DG834GT.
      I asked sky to send me a replacement router, as i had tried everything possible, except change the router.
      So after a couple of days it arrived, great! BUT, the problems orignially reported, kind of sorted themselves out, thinking that maybe the support guy on the phone, had played with my line settings, and managed to get the correct traget SNR, where the line is now stable.

So, the question I have, is, I currently have a now stable, Netgear DG834GT.
      I've been sent a black Sagem router.
      I also have a Buffalo NAS, which sometimes lock the router out when doing large data transfers, i.e. my iPod broke, wiped it, had to resync everything, took ages, and router kept locking out, my wireless dropped off, but only ever have to do that, if the iPod breaks!

Should I:
      a) send the Sagem back?
      b) swap out and send the Netgear back?
      c) keep Sagem as a spare?
      d) swap out and keep Netgear as a roll-back option?

I do like to tinker with the settings, in that, I like security, MAC filtering, Disable SSID Broadcasting, limited Reserved DHCP scope for the number of devices I have, plus one for friends/visitors, and alot of Firewall rules.

Any serious reviews/comparisons of the two routers, would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      Hiten

Thanks

c)

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

rob897 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BARRHEAD 0141881
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD
      Thanks

can i just ask why did sky change the routers anyway? my grand parents got sky last year and got a black sagem router?

Thanks

I don't think anyone except the upper echelons of Sky know the real reason. As a guess I would say, cost, the DG834GT is an off the shelf router with a Sky band on it, the later Netgears and Sagems are specially built for Sky. It may also have something to do with corporate image as the V2s look very similar to the Sky HD boxes. The V2s are certainly no better than the V1

TomD

Useful Utilites

chrisjwebb1978 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi guys

I am trying to find the model number of my sky router (the black one) made by netgear, but can't find it anywhere. Any advice?

Thanks

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast