Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Please diagnose this insanely frustrating problem

This is a discussion on Please diagnose this insanely frustrating problem within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Cheers guys, All firewalls are configured properly, not using the Nvidia one anyway. Always had the router on its feet, ...

jayyyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Trentside (Nottingham)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Please diagnose this insanely frustrating problem

Cheers guys,

All firewalls are configured properly, not using the Nvidia one anyway. Always had the router on its feet, vertically, still gets mighty hot though.

In a way, it'd be a relief to think its a problem with the router for obvious reasons, so cheers reddwarfcrew for giving it some closure.

Hopefully I'll get full closure once I get another router in to test, and confirm it is the Sky router that is infact broken.

If I was to get another brand of router, any recommendations for a wireless P2P friendly one that isn't too expensive?

There was a great router on the Tomshardware but this is obviously a US comparison as the Airlink isn't even available in this country.

I've head good stuff about the 3com ADSL2 wireless router..

(sorry this really should be asked in the tech section)

Cheers for you continued support guys.

2. Advertisement
      jayyyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Trentside (Nottingham)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi guys, just a quick update to say that I called Sky support and they are sending me a new router.

So... as a result, I decided to flash my router to the custom (uber) firmware listed in the tech forum (as I had nothing to lose).

It was an easy process, and I have to say, I have found a marked improvement in speed, and thus far, no disconnections.

Should it carry on like this (fingers crossed), I'll be keeping my new router boxed unless the problem occurs again.

oh yeah, and no complaints with Sky customer support, it didn't take much convincing for them to send me a new router, so kudos to them for not screwing me around (even if it did take me 30 mins of being on hold to get through)

later...

pjclews is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMLON
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It sounds like a power issue to your router..........netgear are known to have power supplies that are dodgy and can cause the router to keep resetting....I had similar to this on one of my Netgear DG834G

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234