Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Router malfunction?

This is a discussion on Sky Router malfunction? within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Tried those, but I keep getting the message "Internet Explorer cannot open that page". I'm running this 2wire HG 1800 ...

dancingdog777 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01425
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Router malfunction?

Tried those, but I keep getting the message "Internet Explorer cannot open that page".

I'm running this 2wire HG 1800 with the power on and connected to my PC (Win XP Pro, 2.66 Ghz, 1Gb RAM) by the ethernet cable. When I try to plug in the BT line, the line light flashes and then after a minute or so, it lights up with a steady yellow light. If it recognised the b/band signal, that light ought to be green like the other two. I know it used to work fine when I used it with Virgin.net, but now I'm stumped.

Oh, I do wish Sky knew what they were doing! Then this forum wouldn't be needed!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If your think the Sky router is not working properly, report it to Sky CS. You can hardly blame Sky for your old route not working. It is obviously not set up to receive the Broadband signal. I would guess that the VCI is not set correctly. You could also try 192.168.1.1. to log in to the 1800 router software. Apparently this router has several possible IP addresses. Your first priority should be to get the Sky router fixed and running properly.

Edit- Not sure if it is the right one but here is a manual for the 2wire http://www.2wire.com/pages/pdfs/100_...tall_Guide.pdf

I am not 100% sure but this router may not support the PPPoA network. It may not be possible to use it with Sky.
      Last edited by Isitme; 28-03-07 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Added info

dancingdog777 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01425
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Thank you. Looking at the instruction manual it seems to be saying that instead of connecting the HG 1800 direct to the phone line, I should connect it to another, already working, b/band modem, so the 1800 is sandwiched between the computer and the other modem. Is that how you read it too?
      If that's right, then I can see how it's possible to then access the required web page.

I was just connecting the line direct to the 1800 and so to the PC.

Perhaps there's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel now.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I was, like you, under the impression that this was a combined modem/router/switch, but if this is the correct manual, it is not and will require to be connected to a modem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12