Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Loss of LAN

This is a discussion on Loss of LAN within the Sky Router forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I've been reading through various posts on here and don't think they quite deal with the problem I've been getting ...

Shags is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wokingham
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Loss of LAN

I've been reading through various posts on here and don't think they quite deal with the problem I've been getting for the past week or so.

I was having a few connection problems with my router, but sporadically. At the weekend I was away so switched off my router for 24 hours or so. Came back, switched on and having the same problem continuously since then.
      After being connected for 30 minutes or so, I lose all LAN connection. The internet light is still on on the router, as are all the other lights, but obviously I can't check if still connected to the internet as I can't access the lan - I can't get to page http://192.168.0.1. While trying to connect wirelessly I get told that the network is not available.

And in case you're wondering, I have one machine directly wired to the router, two machines connected using Homeplug and have also tried to connect using wireless with my PDA and all with the same problem.

All and any suggestions welcomed before I try SKY and wait forever to get a new router.

Cheers

Clive

2. Advertisement
      mossywell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSMEPK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Loss of LAN

I'd get in the phone queue right away.

To me, it sounds like a faulty router (dry joint, dodgy capacitor or some similar electrical fault) where the problem only comes to light when it warms up.
      IQ album "Dark Matter" artwork reproduced with permission. See www.gep.co.uk/iq for more information.

Shags is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wokingham
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question Re: Loss of LAN

Been on the phone, router ordered on Thursday night, so should be here next week.

BUT......

I've been using my LAN now for a good few hours without failure. My QNAP server is also connected as is my Squeezebox downstairs (connected via HomePlug).

The problem only seems to occur when I swicth on and connect my laptop downstairs (again via HomePlug).

Any thoughts?

freetoview is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Loss of LAN

This is going to sound very weired but, I reformatted my pc the other day and reinstalled everything, I am now running via wireless and every time I use Nero the wireless disconnects, there is nothing dodgy on the pc but it still disconnects, in fact I left my pc downloading the other night and it rebooted, I checked to make sure the CPU had not overheated it had not(31c) again very weird