Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Difference between Catch Up TV and On Demand

This is a discussion on Difference between Catch Up TV and On Demand within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; My Sky TV bill has just gone up by 5 this month to 50 without any notification. I've looked at ...

ToeKnee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Andover
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Difference between Catch Up TV and On Demand

My Sky TV bill has just gone up by 5 this month to 50 without any notification.
      I've looked at my bill and noticed that the item "In-Contract discount" of -5.00 has disappeared.
      Presumably this means that I have come to the end of my contract, so it is probably a good time to haggle for a better deal.

On of the items on my bill is "Sky Box Sets" which costs 5.00. We rarely use Sky Box Sets, which is a sub-menu of "On Demand" on Sky Q, but we do use "On Demand", mainly as a catch up for episodes that we may have missed.
      I notice that "Catch Up TV" is a separate menu item on Sky Q, but functionally it seems very similar to "On Demand". What is the difference?

If I cancelled "Sky Box Sets" would I just lose access to the "Sky Box Sets" menu or would "On Demand" also cease to function?

On the Sky website it says that the "Sky Entertainment" package that we have also includes Catch-Up (for 22), but the only "On Demand" package is "Ultimate On Demand" which just mentions "Sky Box Sets" and Netflix.

We also have "Sky Q Multiscreen Pack" (13.00) which I think just include the Sky Q Mini box upstairs and Ultra HD.
      As we rarely watch TV upstairs, I could also save money by cancelling that. Ultra HD is a "nice to have" rather than a "must have".

2. Advertisement
      MrTazz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Difference between Catch Up TV and On Demand

For what I can remember catch up is four episodes that was broadcast in the last week and on demand is for episodes further back than a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk