Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Q Psu

This is a discussion on Sky Q Psu within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, i need a spare Sky Q power supply unit, Iíve just had Sky Q fitted but use the box ...

Shedder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Sky Q Psu

Hi, i need a spare Sky Q power supply unit, Iíve just had Sky Q fitted but use the box at 2 addresses and rather than carrying the power brick with me i want to buy a second one. Iíve spoken to Sky but they have told me I canít buy one as they donít hold stock and that only engineers have these. Anyone have any idea how i can get one of these. Iíve tried ebay and the wider web but no one sells these.

thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: Sky Q Psu

That is against the Sky Q T&C to use your box/viewing card at an address other than your registered home address for your sky account.
      See specifically Section 5 Viewing Card for starters.
      You may come unstuck as the boxes and viewing card do flag their location, so tread carefully.

Sky will not supply a secondary power supply, only replace a defective one.
      Also any Sky Q box or power supply on ebay, will be illegal as the Sky Q boxes are only loaned to you, not owned and the Box and power supply should be returned to Sky on cancellation.
      Sky do monitor such sites and take action on goods sold there that are not legal.

Shedder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Q Psu

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      That is against the Sky Q T&C to use your box/viewing card at an address other than your registered home address for your sky account.
      See specifically Section 5 Viewing Card for starters.
      You may come unstuck as the boxes and viewing card do flag their location, so tread carefully.

Sky will not supply a secondary power supply, only replace a defective one.
      Also any Sky Q box or power supply on ebay, will be illegal as the Sky Q boxes are only loaned to you, not owned and the Box and power supply should be returned to Sky on cancellation.
      Sky do monitor such sites and take action on goods sold there that are not legal.
      I have two homes, at every stage of the process i was open and honest with Sky, who on the call i made to order the system actually advised me on what i needed at my second property in order to use Sky Q when we visit. Even the engineer talked me through what i needed to do a second time and was happy to do so. When i asked the engineer about getting a second psu he said that it was a shame as he had binned a number of them recently so i thought that there may be a possibility of getting one.
      No one at any stage said anything about my usage once installed. I have also been doing this with Sky HD for 4 years without issue. I assume that Sky are OK with it but have the Terms in place in case of abuse of the system.

I have no intention of buying a second Q box as i am savvy enough to have some knowledge of Skyís tís and cís surrounding Sky Q as well as the fact I donít need one? All i wanted to do was make my life a little easier by having cables at both properties, as you might with your mobile phone or Games console.

I registered here to see if there was any way of doing this, if so great, if not i guess Iíll have to transport my psu with the box.