Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By andyr

Can I Use sky Q router with eir fibre broadband ?

This is a discussion on Can I Use sky Q router with eir fibre broadband ? within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have Sky Q , 2 mini boxes and 2 sky boosters to get the signal around the house to ...

andyr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Can I Use sky Q router with eir fibre broadband ?

I have Sky Q , 2 mini boxes and 2 sky boosters to get the signal around the house to the mini boxes etc.
      As sky do not do fibre in my area I have just taken on Eir fibre. Can I use my current Sky router / boxes setup with eir fibre broadband or will I have to use the eir router , which means I will have to buy a couple of wifi extenders ( which I'd rather not have to !! )

Thanks
      Last edited by andyr; 16-02-19 at 10:11 AM.

2. Advertisement
      cuke2u is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SkyQ hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ Silver
      Thanks

Re: Can I Use sky Q router with eir fibre broadband ?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Interesting reading.

Still unsure /confused though. They are coming tomorrow so I will see. I apparently have a 14 day cool off period though, so if things don't go well I could go back to sky and wait for them to come to an agreement with eir, then supply fibre direct. I've always found sky excellent with service and customer service , so I really didn't want to move but I want fibre. Eveni f its fine with eir, I may well move back to sky after the 12mth tie in, as I'd rather have all services with one provider.

Tiggy25 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andyr View Post
      Thanks for the reply. Interesting reading.

Still unsure /confused though. They are coming tomorrow so I will see. I apparently have a 14 day cool off period though, so if things don't go well I could go back to sky and wait for them to come to an agreement with eir, then supply fibre direct. I've always found sky excellent with service and customer service , so I really didn't want to move but I want fibre. Eveni f its fine with eir, I may well move back to sky after the 12mth tie in, as I'd rather have all services with one provider.
      How did it work out? I have just switched broadband from Sky to Eir fast fibre broadband and got my SkyQ main box and one mini Sky q connected with no problems but we have another Sky Q mini box in the far end of the house connected via a Sky Q booster and I cannot get it set up. I really don't know how to do it or if it is even possible . Any help or advice would be much appreciated .

Exchange:
      Thanks

Sorry but cant be any help to you ……...Trying to go with Eir was a complete disaster, as dispite them selling it to me, when they came to install they said it wasn't yet available. I canelled within the 2 weeks but it took me hours on the phone to do it. Appaling service from eircom. Since then . sky started offering it in my area, and they came within a week of me applying , installed it, and now we are wizzzing around on 150mb and its fantastic. Good luck.
      Give Sky a call. Their customer service is always brilliant.
      cuke2u likes this.