Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Got Sky Q - how many miniboxes can I have?

This is a discussion on Got Sky Q - how many miniboxes can I have? within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; According to sky I've got a 2TB box albeit a black one. Is the silver one different? If so what ...

psychocandy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: rhiwderin
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Got Sky Q - how many miniboxes can I have?

According to sky I've got a 2TB box albeit a black one. Is the silver one different? If so what does this give me?

Currently got two mini-boxes as well. How do I buy another minibox? Phone sky? How much are they these days?

My account details seem to be saying "connect up to 4 and watch 2 concurrently". Does this mean main PLUS 2 mini? Will probably be ok with that to be honest.

Or since its for sons smart tv (android based) in his bedroom is it just easier for him to use the sky go app on there rather than connect a mini box?
      Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I'm Welsh

2. Advertisement
      wonnyjilkinson is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: North of Watford
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Got Sky Q - how many miniboxes can I have?

The term “Silver” is a legacy one, it was the all singing, all dancing box when Q first launched and is now known as the 2TB box. You can tell if you have a “silver” box because it is black with a sliver band around the bottom.

If you want to by another mini, just go to your sky account and follow it through from there. The actual wording on Sky’s t&cs for using minis is “Content from up to two Sky Q Mini boxes can be watched concurrently.” The Q box itself can be watched with the two minis.

Couldn’t say for certain which is best for your son, but for me, I’d have the mini connected any day of the week.