Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Udp

This is a discussion on Udp within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have Sky Max Fibre and achieve WiFi speeds of 54 mbps upload and 18 mbps upload which I guess ...

mikelane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pinner
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Udp

I have Sky Max Fibre and achieve WiFi speeds of 54 mbps upload and 18 mbps upload which I guess are very good. I have a Ring door bell connected to a Chime Pro extender but the problem is that if someone presses the bell, it can take a minute for the video to appear in the app - by which time they have gone! A year ago, before I had Q and was using the older Sky router this latency issue was not there.

Yesterday, I spoke to the Ring technical people who looked at the speed that they recorded on their system for the last few bell pushes. These came in at .399 mbps which they said was below acceptable for Ring. They said that it was to do with the UDP on my system and that I should speak to Sky to get it adjusted.
      Today, I spoke to Sky who did not know what I was talking about. The tech guy did check over the system and said that the Mesh and speeds were perfect. He did wonder if separating the 2.4 MHz and 5 MHz streams might help but Sky do not offer support on this issue.

So, my question is, does anyone have this latency problem with Ring door bells or can offer any insight/advice?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Advertisement
      tenar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle NINE
      Broadband ISP: sky fibre max
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Re: Udp

splitt ssid by renaming 2.4 wireless to something else and untick sync (4th tick box down on 2.4wireless setting screen)
      password with stay same for 2.4 and 5ghz i assume door bell uses 2.4 ghz smiply change channel until you find clear signal

mikelane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pinner
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Re: Udp

Quote Originally Posted by tenar View Post
      splitt ssid by renaming 2.4 wireless to something else and untick sync (4th tick box down on 2.4wireless setting screen)
      password with stay same for 2.4 and 5ghz i assume door bell uses 2.4 ghz smiply change channel until you find clear signal
      Thanks, I will try that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk