Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting to mini and then Q?

This is a discussion on Connecting to mini and then Q? within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi When my Sky Q was first set-up, the engineer connected the first mini to my BT hub (wireless) and ...

mobile73 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: BT Smarthub
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB + min
      Thanks

Connecting to mini and then Q?

Hi
      When my Sky Q was first set-up, the engineer connected the first mini to my BT hub (wireless) and then the Q box to that mini and all worked well.

Recently the mini box has been performing terribly (very slow to respond to fast forward / rewind / play commands and going to far forwards or back). Could this be because the setup has reverted as I have had to reboot the BT-Hub? How can I see if still set up like this and also how do I reset to how the engineer set up in the first place? I know people have said this set up is not possible but is definitely how it was done (BT-Hub to mini to Q box). We had lots of problems initially and had the special engineer expert teams come out.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: Connecting to mini and then Q?

The mini would not be able to connect to your BT hub. It needs to connect to the main Sky Q box.
      The main Sky Q box is the only one that can connect to the BT hub.
      This would be the same for any non Sky Q hub router. The mini can only connect to a Sky Q router.

Try doing a network reset on your main Sky Q box with WPS to your BT hub and also a network reset on Mini via WPS to your main Sky Q box.