Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Signal problems on specific channels/frequency (Sky Sports)

This is a discussion on Signal problems on specific channels/frequency (Sky Sports) within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I have Sky Q on a communal dish in a block of flats. There's been an ongoing problem where ...

bhavinshah88 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Perivale
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity FTTP
      Router: TP-Link Archer C9
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Signal problems on specific channels/frequency (Sky Sports)

Hi,

I have Sky Q on a communal dish in a block of flats.

There's been an ongoing problem where a slight breeze causes the signal to drop intermittently, obviously because the dish is moving around - that's hopefully going to be sorted soon.

However, in parallel I've noticed that specific Sky Sports channels are particularly sensitive, and right now even with no bad weather conditions a whole set of them are unwatchable.

Specifically: SS Main Event, SS PL, SS Football, SS Golf and SS News.

According to this page (Sky UK - Frequency and channel list - Astra 2 UK Spotbeam and Astra 2 European Beam) these are all on the same TP parameters/frequency/LNB...I think

So I'm a bit concerned that when they come to fix the dish wobbling around (which by the way is a third party, not Sky itself), they will simply secure it more tightly...is there actually something more fundamental that might be wrong?

Just trying to find a way to explain it to the engineer if needed, instead of just saying some channels aren't working (to which he will probably just tell me to go to Sky...who can't do anything about it).

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,611 Posts

Re: Signal problems on specific channels/frequency (Sky Sports)

It is possible one of the wires has worked loose, either from the dish itself or one of the splitter/amplifiers. I have had that problem myself where one set of channels kept loosing it, either giving a poor broken up picture or none at all. I finally bit the bullet and paid for an engineer to come out and fix it. It was worth the 30 it cost.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.