Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

slow turn on time

This is a discussion on slow turn on time within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Every morning when I turn on one of my two mini boxes I get a message please wait a few ...

primerustler is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0118 971 0307
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

slow turn on time

Every morning when I turn on one of my two mini boxes I get a message please wait a few minutes and my screen will go blank - which it does - eventually I get a screen saying no connection and I have to go to the main Q box and start that. There I get the same messages and after a short time the system works and then happily the mini boxes respond. My question is " is this normal or can I adjust settings to avoid this cumbersome delay"
      thanks Nick

2. Advertisement
      morgee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burnham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Q Silver Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: slow turn on time

Not aware of a method of fixing it but it definitely is not normal. I certainly haven't experienced this.

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + pfSense 2.4b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

You must get up early, sounds like the main 'Q' is in 'deep' standby. Not certain, as I am not at home at present, but I think there may be an option to set the eco mode in the advanced settings.. try 001 select and have a browse around.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by primerustler View Post
      Every morning when I turn on one of my two mini boxes I get a message please wait a few minutes and my screen will go blank - which it does - eventually I get a screen saying no connection and I have to go to the main Q box and start that. There I get the same messages and after a short time the system works and then happily the mini boxes respond. My question is " is this normal or can I adjust settings to avoid this cumbersome delay"
      thanks Nick
      If you have the recommended by Sky standby option of eco mode set, your skyq main and minis will go into that standby mode at about 2:45 and come out of it around 5:45am.
      The mini will need the main box to have come out of standby, before it can connect itself.

You can take your main box touch remote to where you use your minis and hit the on button, as its bluetooth it will work through the walls and turn your main box on. Wait a few minutes and then you can power on your mini fine, as it would would be seeing the main box as on.