Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree3Likes
    • 3 Post By firgman

Sky Q no Freesat - fit my own hybrid LNB?

This is a discussion on Sky Q no Freesat - fit my own hybrid LNB? within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all APologies if this has been posted before, I have had a search through to try and find it. ...

firgman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Q no Freesat - fit my own hybrid LNB?

Hi all

APologies if this has been posted before, I have had a search through to try and find it.

When my Sky Q was fitted a couple of days ago I did tell/show the installer the TVs in the house, one of which runs a Freesat box. In my ignorance I didn't check that this telly was working before the installer left just 'assuming' it wouldn't have been affected. Of course it now has no signal and having checked the dish, the aerial cable is not connected and cannot be as there are only two output sockets, both of which are connected to the main Sky Q box. I spent yesterday researching this online as there might be a quicker/simpler fix instead of going through the stress of contacting Sky/thrown from one department to another/denial/can't be done etc etc. From what I have found I require a hybrid LNB instead of the standard one attached and I can then connect the cable to that alongside the Sky Q box. I have found these online for 25 and was wondering if there would be any issues installing myself?

Kind regards

Firgman

2. Advertisement
      firgman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Q no Freesat - fit my own hybrid LNB?

My thanks to this forum and others! I won't know until after installation tomorrow but I have hopefully solved my issue here. I contacted Sky and told them my problem only to be told categorically that Freesat or Freeview WILL NOT WORK on a Sky Q system and dish. However, using my new found knowledge regards hybrid LNB's I asked why wasn't one of these fitted on the original installation and why was my existing Freesat setup damaged by their Sky engineer/installer and the reply (after a few minutes checking with 'technical department') was "When would you like the engineer to visit you to fit a hybrid LNB?" :-)

Firgman
      seawright, Smir and CPN like this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to firgman For This Useful Post:

Smir (08-09-17)