Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By reddwarfcrew

Sky Q upgrade - do I keep my offer price for the 18m?

This is a discussion on Sky Q upgrade - do I keep my offer price for the 18m? within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I'm tempted by the current Sky Q upgrade offer from my current HD subscription - 214 for the 2tb box ...

merkin51 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Q upgrade - do I keep my offer price for the 18m?

I'm tempted by the current Sky Q upgrade offer from my current HD subscription - 214 for the 2tb box and 2 x mini boxes, and 12pm extra on my sub. Right now I have a good deal on my HD sub that ends in 4 months, then it reverts to full price for the remainder of my contract (6 months). What I can't find explained anywhere is what happens with this if I upgrade to Q - will it be my current deal price + 12pm for the whole new 18m contract, or will I find in 4 months time that it shoots up to full price, and I'm stuck with that for the following 14 months??

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Q upgrade - do I keep my offer price for the 18m?

Your current offer will end at it's current end date and you will revert to the full price for the remaining 14mths.

I'm in a similar posn. Best to wait till the offer runs out, renegotiate then go to sky q. If you go to sky q now, then you won't be able to renegotiate as you are tied into an 18mth contract.
      merkin51 likes this.

merkin51 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Well that sucks big time... that's for the clarification. Guess I won't be getting Q for a while!!

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

It's a bit rubbish. Even if you go to SkyQ at the same of renegotiating, the deal wth at best be 12mth (prob 10) which means 6-8mths back on full price.

Very sneaky with their new structure.... it's what's holding me back from moving to Q.

Fuzzywuzzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

They key when renegotiating your TV package deal is not to get locked into a contract, the last couple of times I've gone through the cancel and resub-on-a-discount routine/faff it's been a 12 month discount term but a monthly rolling contract (so I can leave any time). This is something they seem to do very readily (basically as soon as asked without trying to claim they need to go and speak to a manager etc.).

That said I'm actually about to switch to Sky Q myself and have heard some people are managing to get it on a 12 month contract which is what I'm going to ask for first as even with a rolling monthly contract if I get locked into Sky Q for 18 months I'm still not in a good position to negotiate when my 12 month TV package discount ends.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
      They key when renegotiating your TV package deal is not to get locked into a contract, the last couple of times I've gone through the cancel and resub-on-a-discount routine/faff it's been a 12 month discount term but a monthly rolling contract (so I can leave any time). This is something they seem to do very readily (basically as soon as asked without trying to claim they need to go and speak to a manager etc.).

That said I'm actually about to switch to Sky Q myself and have heard some people are managing to get it on a 12 month contract which is what I'm going to ask for first as even with a rolling monthly contract if I get locked into Sky Q for 18 months I'm still not in a good position to negotiate when my 12 month TV package discount ends.
      Existing customers upgrading to Sky Q was a 12 months contract until recently. It is now 18 month contract for all customers.

TV discounts (apart from Winback) are pretty much all 18 month offers now anyway.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky