Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Watchdog wed 21st

This is a discussion on Watchdog wed 21st within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Skyq is apparently on watchdog next week. Enough said....

bursco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01257
      Broadband ISP: EE Fibre
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Skyq silver
      Thanks

Watchdog wed 21st

Skyq is apparently on watchdog next week. Enough said.

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: Watchdog wed 21st

Did used to enjoy Watchdog.
      The series of watchdog has not been good this year.
      Notice this series that no company is going into the studio to battle it out. Just issuing statements, with no reaction. Its lost its pizzazz.
      Rogue traders has mostly been repeat visits.
      That Steph has been the worst, just makes a mess of every story, throws up unmeaningful graphs and most of the advice she offers is poor to say the least.

As for Sky, suppose like last time they will pick the dumbest user possible.
      Last time it was that On Demand user who had a sky box that had no wifi or ethernet in it - a joke scraping the barrel.

I've sent them an email saying how great the engineer visit, ordering process and how reliable sky q has been for Us no glitches whatsoever.
      A load of my friends and neighbours have as well.
      But they will ignore that and just scaremonger with a few made up exaggerated stories.

Kemp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woburn
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2 (↓78mb ↑25mb)
      Router: BT Smarthub
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB +Mini
      Thanks

The Watchdog thing could be about the lead time for engineers when people have problems. Looking at this forum some people are being told they need to wait a month to get their Sky Q back up and running. That's ridiculous and simply not acceptable, even over the festive period. If they don't have the staff to deal with both installation demand and maintenance when things go wrong, they should restrict the amount of boxes they're selling so the current userbase don't suffer.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

I gave up on Sky tv 10 years or so ago although I have kept the broadband. Their backup was bad then and the packages were stupidly expensive. Nothing has changed but I suppose people do have good experiences with Sky which is okay if you don't mind watching endless repeats and poorly made seriels. You get the same with Freeserve and Freesat but at least those are free services. Again I will give Sky their due from my perspective in as much that, for me, their broadband and fibre product have been second to none. Having said that I do know that people do get major problems with that service.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
      You get the same with Freeserve and Freesat but at least those are free services.
      Freeserve.
      What the Dixons ISP that ran from 1998 to 2000?

I'm sure you mean Freeview

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Engineers in the field are pushed to the limits by having 9 or so jobs a day, no breaks and also working past their contracted hours without pay to keep customers happy. Engineers and working their nuts off specially over Christmas and the need for more in the field is a must but the turn around of the job people leaving and getting sacked is also putting pressure on the system.

Lead times are quite a way off and this is due to demand for the product and work load so how can this be resolved not by reducing sales for sure Sky is a demand in need business and that's what the issue is where people want Q and the demand is their.

Also you will be quite surprised how many Sky Engineers have been taken off Q installs and Service calls and then the Engineers left to take up the slack is putting pressure on them and the business.

The product works and works well but its taking time like when HD was first introduced to resolve little issues and all the business asks is please bear with them and all will be resolved asap.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

Kemp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woburn
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2 (↓78mb ↑25mb)
      Router: BT Smarthub
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB +Mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
      Engineers in the field are pushed to the limits by having 9 or so jobs a day, no breaks and also working past their contracted hours without pay to keep customers happy.
      This reduces my opinion of Sky even more. Instead of treating their engineers like dirt by expecting them to squeeze unrealistic amounts of calls into a day and work hours they're not paid for, why don't they employ more of them?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky have never had enough installers and field service engineers so a lot of work was contracted out to third party firms such as AVC. With the amount of work being farmed out to this company a buy out by Sky appeared to be a good move but rationalisation following the buyout has only made a bad situation worse.

Thanks

This is the sky statement to bbc watchdog for a few customers they had that complained.

A spokesperson for Sky told the BBC:
      We are really sorry the customers featured on tonight's show have not had a great experience.
      We have apologised to them and are doing everything we can to resolve their issues.
      Hundreds of thousands of our customers this year have chosen our award-winning Sky Q system and have had a smooth install and are loving the service.
      Launching any brand new cutting-edge technology, like Sky Q, always comes with the challenge that for a small percentage of households it may take longer to get everything right. As every home is unique customers may find this is due to things such as interference with their home wi-fi network or unforeseen technical bugs which our expert technology team are fixing as they arise, with software updates or home visits if needed.
      Following a huge demand for Sky Q, we’re reducing wait times for installations by recruiting hundreds of additional engineers and are further improving the online sales journey.
      Our customers are very important to us and we will continue to work tirelessly to get it right for them.
      Sky TV viewers NOT happy with 120 TV packages and 'disappointing' Sky Q | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express

What problems, mine and all my neighbours and friends has been faultless, not one glitch.
      Well worth every premium penny, not that anyone pays full price, if you do, a fool you are.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

However you look at it, the article was meant to raise the awareness that Sky is apparently struggling with Sky Q.

Waiting 30-40 mins for the box o reset isn't particularly good, but I would suggest that the engineer who installed the installation might not ave set things up as well as they could as comments were made about the walls not being good for WiFi. Personally I hope that once the PowerLine functionality is enabled, some of these issues will be resolved.

Anyway, for those who missed it you have 29 days to watch it online or via the CUTV section on your Sky+ HD or Sky Q box.

BBC iPlayer - Watchdog - Series 37: Episode 8

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast