Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Install date of Feb and reschedule calendar not working

This is a discussion on Install date of Feb and reschedule calendar not working within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Signed up to Sky Q on Sunday only to be told that install would be 1 Feb. Have tried to ...

Ridcully is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Install date of Feb and reschedule calendar not working

Signed up to Sky Q on Sunday only to be told that install would be 1 Feb.

Have tried to change via reschedule appointment but keep getting "there is a problem. Please try again later". Was told by Sky that there was a know systems issue and they would call me back (which they didn't). Anyone know if this systems issue is genuine ? and how to get the install brought forward

2. Advertisement
      marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 19.7.b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: Install date of Feb and reschedule calendar not working

When I booked my Sky Q install at the very beginning of October the best I could get was the 12th of November, almost six weeks. It would appear the demand is greater than the resources to handle it.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Kemp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woburn
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2 (↓78mb ↑25mb)
      Router: BT Smarthub
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB +Mini
      Thanks

It's unlikely you will be able to get it brought forward unless there is a cancellation. My wait time was 5-6 weeks and I was told that was absolutely the first appointment available, and that was back in August/September time. If you include the usual Christmas period rush right now, the beginning of February sounds about right to me. I heard some people in certain areas are having to wait two months.

Ridcully is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Just annoying that on the web site it had "order by 11 Dec to get installed for Christmas". Admittedly they did say Christmas of what year, plus new users are being isntalled within a week. It's just existing subscribers that are upgrading that are getting shoved to the end of the queue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
      Just annoying that on the web site it had "order by 11 Dec to get installed for Christmas". Admittedly they did say Christmas of what year, plus new users are being isntalled within a week. It's just existing subscribers that are upgrading that are getting shoved to the end of the queue
      Typical. In terms of incentives, treating current customers like s**t and sucking up to potential joiners is something Sky have always done. For example, when I signed up to Sky Q back in August, there was a deal for new joiners where they got a 32" TV for free. When I enquired about this I was told it only applied to new customers, and no logical explanation was given as to the disparity of treatment. When I then said I'd leave and rejoin, it was then pointed out that they have a policy of anyone leaving and rejoining within 12 months would not be counted as a new customer, clearly specifically designed to stop people getting these incentives.

As far as I'm concerned, someone deciding to sign up to a new 12 month deal despite being in a position to leave is no different to someone joining fresh. But in Sky's mind, the difference is that they're currently getting your money, as opposed to someone joining where they're not.

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 19.7.b
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

It's not just Sky, that's pretty standard everywhere. New customers always get better deals. As an existing Sky customer you can always ring up, be polite and ask for a better deal. For example, when I had Sky sports, I don't now but I may take it again for the next English ashes tour, I got it free for six months and my line rental free for six months too. Sometimes it pays to ring up and bargain.
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Thanks

Unfortunately, Sky are far more reticent now to give out deals. I've had some ridiculous deals off them in the past 10-15 years just by threatening to leave. But now they're far more likely to call your bluff.

As for the other point, Sky are still one of the worst for dealing with current customers. Some companies make a point these days of treating current customers and potential customers no differently, and even go so far as using it as an advertisement strategy. For example, most mobile phone networks will offer upgrades on the same deals as new customers get. I think the ease of getting the same service elsewhere plays a part, which could explain the mobile phone networks. With Sky they're in a unique position in that no other broadcaster can compete with them really. Beyond Virgin who is there? BT Youview is a bag of s**t and TalkTalk is no better. I suspect this is why Sky do what they do, it's a case of don't like it, go elsewhere. Oh, there is no elsewhere? Then deal with it.

Sky have a big challenge coming up though, namely streaming. It's almost just as easy to stream live sports now for free from something like a Kodi box as it is to watch it on Sky, and the quality of the streaming is increasing year on year. If top quality HD isn't a priority, some people are asking why bother paying for it. It's still worth the extra money for me for the convenience and the quality, but with the prices going up year on year, you can see why some are no longer bothering and that will only get worse.

Jmwilliams is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Signed up to sky q at the end of November with an install date of the 20/01 just over 7 weeks. The new sky q router came in a few days. Frustrating to wait, I too have had the same issues with the reschedule option on my sky.

Supposed to to be a Christmas present to myself better late than never though hope it's worth the wait

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmwilliams View Post
      Signed up to sky q at the end of November with an install date of the 20/01 just over 7 weeks. The new sky q router came in a few days. Frustrating to wait, I too have had the same issues with the reschedule option on my sky.

Supposed to to be a Christmas present to myself better late than never though hope it's worth the wait
      If they get the proposed changes through by then it might be worth the wait. But if not and if you're coming from Sky HD (especially the 2TB model like I did) you're likely to be a little disappointed once the novelty of the new UI wears off and you discover its limitations, see my thread for examples.

For me, at the moment, the only big plus point Sky Q has over Sky HD is the fact that the mini boxes connect wirelessly to the main unit and effectively give you a completely independent Sky box elsewhere in the house, unlike the multiroom of the previous generation. The fact I no longer have to be concerned about recording clashes is also helpful, but that rarely happened anyway.

Sorry to put a downer on your Christmas present, I just don't think Sky Q is all it's cracked up to be at the moment.