Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Sky Q Box (TV) Firmware Versions

This is a discussion on Sky Q Box (TV) Firmware Versions within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Updated to Q100 firmware now - still no details anywhere on what has been added?? skyepginfo-co-uk seems to be dead ...

Russ64 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pimlico
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Q Box (TV) Firmware Versions

Updated to Q100 firmware now - still no details anywhere on what has been added??

skyepginfo-co-uk seems to be dead - RIP

Sky promised to add HDR (HLG) to the 4K content but it has never happend - anyone have any info at all?
      Sky Q 2TB, 2x Mini's, Sky Q Hub (ER110 & EE120), Sky Superfast Fiber
      Panasonic TX-65GZ950, Musical Fidelity M3i, Marantz SR7013, Oppo 203, Dali Oberon 5.1.2, BK P12-300SB-PR
      Sony 32W705,
      Yamaha YSP-1600, Asustor AS5002T 4TB NAS, Apple TV 4K

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

My Q box is now on Q110.00.75.02L - would be nice to know what is new / updated? Total lack of any info here or anywhere else .............
      Panasonic TX-65GZ950, Musical Fidelity M3i, Marantz SR7013, Oppo 203, Dali Oberon 5.1.2, BK P12-300SB-PR
      Sony 32W705,

Thanks

My Q 2TB v1 box is now on version Q112.000.21.00.

Info on HDR is that it will be enabled on Wed 27 May, although there is some doubt about all v1 boxes ability. First info said only those with external power supplies and now they say that 2TB will work but not old 1TB. Will have to wait and see ........
      Sony 32W705,

cuke2u is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SkyQ hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ Silver
      Thanks

I doubt if Sky boxes with a built in power supply will work as the HDMI ports are version 1.4 and HDR 4k requires version 2.0. They are not upgradeable by firmware either.
      https://www.sky.com/help/articles/check-which-sky-q-box The downloadable pdf's state which HDMI versions each box has..

Thanks

I also have my doubts but the 2TB (then called Silver) box could do UHD (4k@50fps) from the start, whereas the v1 1TB could not do UHD. If my knowledge of this is right then the 2TB has HDMI 2.0a but it needs 2.0b for HDR and I think that is firmware upgrade-able, could be wrong.
      Sony 32W705,

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
      I doubt if Sky boxes with a built in power supply will work as the HDMI ports are version 1.4 and HDR 4k requires version 2.0. They are not upgradeable by firmware either.
      https://www.sky.com/help/articles/check-which-sky-q-box The downloadable pdf's state which HDMI versions each box has..
      The V1 boxes were updated via a Sky firmware upgarde from HDMI 1.4 to 2.0 some while back.

Still, no one yet knows if they will be able to handle HDR.
      They were made and launched back in 2016, before HDR had been officially signed off.

But the recent leaked reports were stating that the old V1 boxes will need to be replaced later in the year, if HDR is required.
      Roll on tomorrow to use or find out.
      I have a V2, so all ok.
      It is not all about the power supply only, as the V3 boxes do not have an external power supply. The V2 ones do have an external power supply.

It has been mentioned that it will just be an account change tomorrow, reflected on your Sky card, it will not require a software firmware upgrade.

These boxes should get HDR;
      V2 2tb = ES240 - Hardware version or device id = 32B1*
      1tb UHD = ES340d8 - hardware version or device id = 32B203 or 32B204
      V3 2tb = ES340d9 - hardware version or device id = 32B205 or 32B206
      Boxes that are possibly not capabale of HDR:
      Original 1tb (non UHD ES130 - Hardware version or device id = 32C0* )
      V1 2tb (2tb box provided at launch, known at launch as the Silver) = ES140 - Hardware Version or device id = 32B0*
      Checking in your Sky box settings or via http://192.168.0.xx:9006/as/system/information xx=your sky main box ip

mikelane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pinner
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      The V1 boxes were updated via a Sky firmware upgarde from HDMI 1.4 to 2.0 some while back.

They were made and launched back in 2016, before HDR had been officially signed off.

But the recent leaked reports were stating that the old V1 boxes will need to be replaced later in the year, if HDR is required.
      I have a V2, so all ok.
      It is not all about the power supply only, as the V3 boxes do not have an external power supply. The V2 ones do have an external power supply.

It has been mentioned that it will just be an account change tomorrow, reflected on your Sky card, it will not require a software firmware upgrade.

V1 2tb (2tb box provided at launch, known at launch as the Silver) = ES140 - Hardware Version or device id = 32B0*
      Checking in your Sky box settings or via http://192.168.0.xx:9006/as/system/information xx=your sky main box ip
      So, my hardware version is B061 and is not capable of HDR. Talking to Sky, they don’t have a system yet of upgrading but if I had a 1 gb version, they could. It will be at least 2 months before they will upgrade. Great for a Sky customer since their start!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cuke2u is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SkyQ hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ Silver
      Thanks

What is it you think you are missing, 3-4 programs really? Under the current conditions it is impossible for any engineer to visit your home to do a SkyQ box replacement. Wait and see what Sky do, they are working on it...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
      What is it you think you are missing, 3-4 programs really? Under the current conditions it is impossible for any engineer to visit your home to do a SkyQ box replacement. Wait and see what Sky do, they are working on it...
      Which begs the question when will Sky engineers be able to visit customers' premises and will installs and service visits be treated differently. I note from an article in ISP Preview updated 20th May that Openreach are resuming in home engineers visits in some low risk circumstances:
      Openreach Statement
      We define whether a job is low risk by ensuring the customer has answered ‘no’ to all three of our screening questions:
      – Have you or anyone else living here been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate?
      – Do you or anyone else here have Covid-19 symptoms? (categorised as at least one of the following – new continuous cough, high temperature, loss of/change in normal sense of taste or smell)
      – Have you or anyone else living here received an NHS letter confirming you’re classified as an extremely vulnerable person and should stay inside (known as shielding) for 12 weeks?
      The engineer will only spend a short time in the home. However, prior to our home visit, we share a video with our customers which shows them what we expect of them – i.e. to stay in another room, wipe down surfaces where the engineer will work, open a window to provide adequate ventilation and understand that any post-work conversation will take place via What’s App or from outside the home. This way of working has also been agreed with communications providers.
      I have witnessed a TV aerial installation over the last few days where the engineers (yes there were two of them) donned full face respirators and coveralls before entering the property. This appeared to me to be somewhat OTT.

johnr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post

I have a V2, so all ok.

Hello Lettice,

I would like to know please which Slingbox you are using to operate with Sky Q? I have used a Sling SOLO in the past which now seems to inoperative with SKY Q I have a SKY Minibox Hardware Ver. 32D006 I have a network cable available direct to my BT Hub so it should be relatively easy? Do you have to load any special keys to operate the remote control or is there a configuration for a SKY Q box or similar?

Thanks in advance,

John

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast