Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Sky Q – the most anticipated TV tech launch of 2016 - available to buy now

This is a discussion on Sky Q – the most anticipated TV tech launch of 2016 - available to buy now within the Sky Q forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...ble-to-buy-now From today, Sky Q, the next generation home entertainment system that changes the way you watch TV, is available ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Sky Q – the most anticipated TV tech launch of 2016 - available to buy now

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...ble-to-buy-now

From today, Sky Q, the next generation home entertainment system that changes the way you watch TV, is available to buy.

More and more people excited to get their hands on the most anticipated launch in TV tech in years have pre-registered for Sky Q since it was first unveiled in November. And now both existing Sky customers and those new to Sky can buy it online or over the phone from today. They’ll also be able to purchase through one of Sky’s 250 retail outlets up and down the country from Friday 12 February.

The first Sky Q customers will be installed at the end of the month and will get a full professional installation as part of the set-up cost to ensure they benefit from all the great features of Fluid Viewing.

Sky Q goes on sale with Sky’s lowest ever set-up cost for a brand new premium product launch. Set-up costs will be from just £99. Customers can choose from two new bundles – the Sky Q Silver Bundle or the Sky Q Bundle. The typical monthly cost for existing Sky+ customers will only be around an extra £12 compared with their current Sky+ package. For new customers joining Sky, the ongoing monthly cost for Sky Q will start from just £42.

The launch of Sky Q will be supported by Sky’s biggest and most ambitious advertising campaign ever, which starts nationwide from Friday 12 February with key spots including the Mr. Selfridge ad break.

Sky Q completely reinvents the viewing experience, giving you the option to pause in one room and carry on in another, as well as the number one most requested feature from customers, the ability to take your recordings with you wherever you go – a first in the UK and Ireland.

The new family of products, Sky Q, Sky Q Silver, Sky Q Mini, the Sky Q touch remote, the Sky Q Hub and the Sky Q app, all connect wirelessly to create an ecosystem that makes TV viewing seamless – called Fluid Viewing. With 12 tuners, the Sky Q Silver box gives customers the ability to record four shows while watching a fifth live, putting an end to recording clashes. The all new Sky Q touch remote makes it easier than ever to find your favourite shows with no need to point at the screen.

All customers who already have Sky Broadband or who purchase Sky Broadband when buying Sky Q will also receive the brand new Sky Q Hub that turns Sky Q boxes into Wi-Fi hotspots, giving a supercharged Sky Broadband experience with the strongest and best coverage throughout the home. Sky Q installations will be phased with Sky Broadband customers receiving the product first, before very soon opening up to those with other broadband providers.

Sky Q is now available to buy at sky.com/SkyQ.
      Comment: Initially Sky Q will only be available to those who have Sky Broadband. This is a temporary arrangement. Once the initial orders have all gone through, Sky Q will be available to everyone with a broadband product.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Re: Sky Q – the most anticipated TV tech launch of 2016 - available to buy now

Can't see how to just purchase the new Q hub though

Thanks

I can't see where it is either.

The upgrades section is timing out for me and I can't see it listed anywhere else.

There appears to be a few issues with the pricing at the moment. Apparently it would cost me £569 just to set it all up. This is significantly more than how I read things.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

Bargain Scubbie, so when's it being installed
      Scubbie likes this.

Thanks

I'm just looking out of my window now.

I saw a couple of shadows pass and I thought that it was time already. I could be mistaken though

Exchange:
      Thanks

Be great to know the number of visits to the Buy section vs completed purchases.

Mldy291 is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: Roade
      Broadband ISP: Now TV Unlimited
      Router: Now TV Hub 2
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

be a lot of visits to the buy section ATM as the site seems to be overwhelmed and is timing out at just the sign in stage

Mldy291 is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: Roade
      Broadband ISP: Now TV Unlimited
      Router: Now TV Hub 2
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

can you only upgrade online or can you phone them? as they have woefully underestimated demand and server load

terryf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: retford
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q silver
      Thanks

Did it this morning, £1.50 extra for Q silver + one off setup etc. £149.00

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I can't see where it is either.

The upgrades section is timing out for me and I can't see it listed anywhere else.

There appears to be a few issues with the pricing at the moment. Apparently it would cost me £569 just to set it all up. This is significantly more than how I read things.
      So just spent an hour on chat. TV discounts won't be honoured with SkyQ. SkyQ hub is only available is you take SkyQ TV (this may change). Sky Fibre Pro discounted by £10pm for 10mths with 12mth contract, no discount on line rental (which was the same offer I had in November but didn't take it then as I was waiting to see what SkyQ brought).
      Scubbie likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast