Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nearly half a million Broadband Subscribers

This is a discussion on Nearly half a million Broadband Subscribers within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Unofficially Sky Broadband have approximately 425,000 connected customers to their Broadband service with roughly 40k of orders still to go ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Nearly half a million Broadband Subscribers

Unofficially Sky Broadband have approximately 425,000 connected customers to their Broadband service with roughly 40k of orders still to go through the ordering system.

This has got to be very bad news for the smaller traditional ISP, and shows that people genuinely believe that Sky have a great product at an even better price. If Sky were to be really smart, they would now start offering Broadband to the workplace. They have the backbone / resources to do this in the form of Easynet, and would make an absolute killing if they were to do so, imho.

Sky Broadband have been offering a quality broadband service for nearly 9 months and 425K is an enormous amount of customers to achieve in such a short time.

Rumour has it also that the amount of Virgin Media customers signing up to Sky TV / Broadband is through the roof and Sky have taken on plenty of new Tier 3 staff.

So, either Sir Richard is telling us porkie pies or quite simply does not wish to admit defeat over the Sky One escapade.

Cable Forum: Virgin Boss Branson: "Not lost many customers yet" in Sky/Virgin dispute

As for the new T3 staff, this is great news for those of us who are already connected to Sky Broadband, and having problems. This also shows the commitment and resolve from Sky to cope with the high demand and to fix their customers' issues asap. Whilst its not that easy to get through to Tier 3, once through or when they eventually contact you, a lot of problems are then resolved.

As for the smaller ISP, I would start looking at making yourself stand out and unique, and offer value for money..... Before you lose more customers to Sky Broadband.

Without sounding like I love Sky. All I can say is congratulations, you save myself loads of money as well as hundreds of thousands of other UK broadband customers. And no matter what people say about your staff on this and any other forum, your staff are awesome!

PS: When you hit 500,000 I want some Champagne to join in your celebrations
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 08-03-07 at 06:07 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      sjmcards2002 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: bt till sky comes my way
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Nearly half a million Broadband Subscribers

wow that an insane amount of people to join,

of course virgin will say they not losing that many,
      but why would virgin stance change from we dont need the sky channels to
      we will sue you if we dont get them back

they now know that many many people love great shows like stargate, niptuck, Battlestar Galactica , 24, The Dresden Files , and how can i forget Cold Case , and bones that sky offer

i will be waiting for bb from sky for now, l wait till there less busy
      but i will get it

i just hope they start there own phone service soon that really start virgin
      doing brown stuff in there pants lol

way to go sky

The Doctor is offline Skyuser Member
      Exchange: SSNOR
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Phone service wont be long woop

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Those are impressive figures, particually the 40k still in the system at present. I don't care what Virgin have saud, there is no way that they are not loosing customers over their spat with Sky.

Russ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston Bridge (ESLVB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max VIP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD VIP
      Thanks

Looking at the problems 'normal' customers are having with Sky Broadband i'd say Sky are being wise to NOT offer Sky Broadband to the workplace until they can guarantee it will work 'as it should'. I can't see some 'big named' company calling customer service and being happy getting fobbed off with some of the excuses people on this forum have been getting.
      *only my opinion*

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
      Looking at the problems 'normal' customers are having with Sky Broadband i'd say Sky are being wise to NOT offer Sky Broadband to the workplace until they can guarantee it will work 'as it should'. I can't see some 'big named' company calling customer service and being happy getting fobbed off with some of the excuses people on this forum have been getting.
      *only my opinion*
      Agree. Get it right with the average Joe first before unleashing the reknowned customer service on business and industry.

Good news about more tier 3 bods, maybe they will be able to get the callbacks to the "2%" of customers with "serious" issues down to less than 5 working days now, or at the least actually make the call in the first place.

Either way it is good news and hopefully they will continue to improve the service in these sort of key areas.

As for Branson and his usual guff of not losing customers - pah. What a load of rubbish. No one beleives you Richard, maybe next time you will not be so keen to barter quite as hard, and when Sky tell you something like "this is the lowest price we will do for you, pay it or we will withdraw the service" you will believe them. Next to go will be the Movies & Sports when that contract is up for renewal, and if the same sort of thing happens again, Virgin as a TV product will be finished.
      Last edited by Draig; 08-03-07 at 10:22 AM.

dflour69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hastings
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Do you seriously think that business subscribers would be on the same deal as us? They'll pay more and they'll get dedicated customer service.

Draig is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sly anymore
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Dedicated service isn't much use until they iron out the niggly problems they already have, and LLU is rolled out to more of the country.

Imagine you have a business, you sign up for Sky, pay the inflated charges that they would charge for business (but probably still cheaper than the competition) and you hit a problem.

You phone your dedicated team, get through to some pleasant, helpful person, based in the UK. The phone is answered in seconds. The problem is identified. The resolution is....

"It's a problem at the exchange, it's a BT issue,wait 5 working days and we will get back to you."

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dflour69 View Post
      Do you seriously think that business subscribers would be on the same deal as us? They'll pay more and they'll get dedicated customer service.

Exactly, thats what Easynet are reknown for in this industry. They still service companies, which is what they did before Sky bought them out. I would have thought that Easynet have already got in place a fully equipped / staffed business support department already. And would most definitely cope with the supply of business broadband. Like I said, Sky would be shrewd to do this, there is no indication, or news of them doing so.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Draig View Post
      Dedicated service isn't much use until they iron out the niggly problems they already have, and LLU is rolled out to more of the country.

Imagine you have a business, you sign up for Sky, pay the inflated charges that they would charge for business (but probably still cheaper than the competition) and you hit a problem.

You phone your dedicated team, get through to some pleasant, helpful person, based in the UK. The phone is answered in seconds. The problem is identified. The resolution is....

"It's a problem at the exchange, it's a BT issue,wait 5 working days and we will get back to you."

and then they dont !!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast