Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Something big is on the cards....

This is a discussion on Something big is on the cards.... within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Interesting this rumour seems to be getting more truthful as time goes on. Hope they drop it though! Would make ...

mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Something big is on the cards....

Interesting this rumour seems to be getting more truthful as time goes on. Hope they drop it though! Would make me consider upgrading!

2. Advertisement
      obvious is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Neath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikey4020 View Post
      Interesting this rumour seems to be getting more truthful as time goes on. Hope they drop it though! Would make me consider upgrading!
      It's not a rumour any more. I had them read out the entire announcement sheet to me over the phone.

aspect is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
      ..... He also confirmed that sky now hope to make Sky+ the standard box. The CS rep told me that this had been a great success over the last week and a half.
      So to recap, it has been confirmed to me that the £10 charge will be dropped as of 1st July. Current Sky+ customers can take advantage of it now.
      Quote Originally Posted by spcdust View Post

.....The cost is the standard £99.00 for the box and then £60.00 for the install, unless you have multi-room then free install and £10.00 multi-room sub per month....
      spcdust
      If Sky hopes that the Plus box becomes the standard install (DJS;72728), and there is an installation charge (spcdust;72737), might that mean Sky believe that free or cheap installationís value as a marketing tool is losing its power, and that purchase will lead to greater commitment and so much reduced churn?

DJS Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by obvious View Post
      I just tried to downgrade and was told by three different teams including a cancellations/retentions manager that they wouldn't drop the £10 Sky+ charge until the 1st June. This was because I'm still 'in contract' with Sky broadband which requires a TV sub. Essentially, as I couldn't threaten to cancel they just laughed me out the door.

Still, it's only a couple of weeks. Would be interested to hear if anyone else who is 'in contract' manages to pull it off though.
      If you are tied into a contract with ADSL you will not be able to take advantage now of this offer, but come the 1st July everyone will be able benefit from it.

mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I'm not saying I don't believe you I just want to be sure before I get my hopes up like in February.

If you are tied into a contract with ADSL you will not be able to take advantage now of this offer, but come the 1st July everyone will be able benefit from it.
      So basically Sky are using this as a retention method just now. Typical Sky never willing to reward it's loyal customers!

rfc5stars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikey4020 View Post
      I'm not saying I don't believe you I just want to be sure before I get my hopes up like in February.

So basically Sky are using this as a retention method just now. Typical Sky never willing to reward it's loyal customers!

I Said last week That it was currently a rentention save, but after 1st of July anyone dropping their package below 2 premium channels wont be charged the sky+ subscription charge.

i hope from now on if i give you guys the heads up you will take my word a little more seriously, i had a bucketfull of retention offers to tell you guys about but tbh i just thought OH DEAR to that. but at least 10 of my friends from the footy forum i am on got Free Sky +(pvr3) & Free Sky subs last week, shame the offer is now finished.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 15-05-07 at 10:44 PM. Reason: changed filtered out word ;)

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

why have the retention offers only lasted a few days then with july 1st still many weeks away?

rfc5stars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      why have the retention offers only lasted a few days then with july 1st still many weeks away?
      The free sky+ offer lasted 8 days before all the allocated stock ran out
      its an offer that may be repated so if i get the nod i will give you the heads up next time, My Bro & Father got 1 each so i am Mr Popular at the Moment

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

rfc5stars

Just Curious.....

Are you saying you managed to get a retention offer for Sky+ - even though you're surely still in an existing twelve month contract as your profile says you have got Sky Broadband (it only launched in August 2006). I probably haven't understood your postings so I'm curious as to what, how and why you got offered a retention deal whilst still in contract or was it only your footy friends and father and bro that benefited?

As you have obviously got a great steal of a deal you are now on another new twelve month contract which ties you into the TV package you have agreed to be on to get this offer - i.e. you can't downgrade your TV package during that twelve months contract. Would that not make the 1st July date irrelevant for anyone in their a new twelve month contract if they have agreed to take Sky Sports or Sky Movies - they would have already got the Sky+ sub for free anyway so no change for them. Surely the ones who will benefit are those out of a twelve month contract who can now ditch the premium packages they were signed up to and still enjoy Sky+ functionality.

To be honest I can't remember wether you are able to downgrade your package in the contract period so I'm probably barking up the wrong tree and possibly you didn't have to sign up for a premium package - if that's the case you have done brilliantly with that deal. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised that when Sky announce the new Sky+ deal we could see a slight increase in the price of the kit/installation - doing a bit of a Gordon Brown Budget tactic.

Anyway, I'm also very pleased as I have been wanting Sky+ for the last two years but didn't want Sports or Movies or Multi-room and I couldn't justify the £10.00 cost I would have had to pay for the Sky+ functionality so this move by Sky works for me and they keep me for a further twelve months so works for them.

Anyway, congrats on an obviously blinding deal.

spcdust
      Last edited by spcdust; 16-05-07 at 12:02 AM.

AberdeenGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Denburn
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Despite how official it may seem, I still like to take these announcements with a certain amount of particularly unsure of itself salt. Especially announcements with exact dates, coming from anyone other than Sky themselves.

I hope it's true. £120 saving per year and I won't complain

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast