Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Something big is on the cards....

This is a discussion on Something big is on the cards.... within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I have still not heard any word on the Sky+ subs being removed, why would they, sky are still giving ...

rfc5stars is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Something big is on the cards....

I have still not heard any word on the Sky+ subs being removed, why would they, sky are still giving away free Grade 'A' Sky+ boxes including instal,the only thing i have heard is the Blocks for the 6 Mix (Entertainment Pack) are going to broken into single packagaes instead of the 2, 4, or 6. whith 1 pack say the Variety pack costing just 7.50 , i havent heard what the price jumps would be for the rest of the blocks. but watch this space this is shop floor feedback after sky started getting too many 2 mix customers canceling.

2. Advertisement
      aspect is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rfc5stars View Post
      I have still not heard any word on the Sky+ subs being removed, why would they, sky are still giving away free Grade 'A' Sky+ boxes including instal,the only thing i have heard is the Blocks for the 6 Mix (Entertainment Pack) are going to broken into single packagaes instead of the 2, 4, or 6. whith 1 pack say the Variety pack costing just 7.50 , i havent heard what the price jumps would be for the rest of the blocks. but watch this space this is shop floor feedback after sky started getting too many 2 mix customers canceling.
      Elsewhere I read that the News mix would be dixontinued and its xonstituents taken in to Variety and Style & Culture. Vague recollection that base prcie would be around 15 for 1 mix and a pound for each additional. I tend to think that 7.50 for one would be too low, and suggest that the present charges incluse a floor element for the basic facilty with the costs of each two mix package added on to that; say 12 base plus 3 per 2 mix.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

fact of the matter is skys largest amount of cancels just now are 2 mixes 15 , when someone phones in saying they cant afford 15 at the moment there is no where to go to save them, the offers are pretty much gone as are the offer riders so now its all about saving genuine customers.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

fact of the matter is skys largest amount of cancels just now are 2 mixes 15 , when someone phones in saying they cant afford 15 at the moment there is no where to go to save them, the offers are pretty much gone as are the offer riders so now its all about saving genuine customers.
      Isn't it logical that the largest number of customers will be two-mixers. I'd guess that the majority want the Variety channels. Therefore there are more two-mixers there to make a decision to cancel. Also to imply that two-mixers are not genuine customers seems a bit naff TBH. They're just not hight revenue; that's all. Do you think Sky would want to lose them? You're not saying that are you?

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Multi room via one SKY+ box just round the corner, no idea how that works though lol

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aspect View Post
      Isn't it logical that the largest number of customers will be two-mixers. I'd guess that the majority want the Variety channels. Therefore there are more two-mixers there to make a decision to cancel. Also to imply that two-mixers are not genuine customers seems a bit naff TBH. They're just not hight revenue; that's all. Do you think Sky would want to lose them? You're not saying that are you?
      no thats not what i was implying, for the last 6 months Sky has been gradualy getting rid of the offer riding customers "if you dont give me 50% off cancel me", well they have pretty much all been cancelled or their bluff has been called. so now when a 2 mix calls up to cancel its pretty much genuine finacial reasons & at the moment there is no where to go with these customers, as the rate of 2 mix cancels has increased then the preassure to find a soloution has also increased, hence the impending break up of the 6mix into single mixes, whilst 7.50 is the figure we are hearing obviously it may be slightly higher but i cant see it being too much higher, This would also give sky the ability to reduce a package containing the Sky Sports mix, currently 34 for the cheapest with a 2 mix

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

rfc5stars, thanks and sorry I misread you . IMO it will be a fine balanced matter to achieve a revision that retains customers at a profit. Pitch the price too low, then whilst all punters will be pleased, then the co could end up making a loss even on the one mixers. Well that's my probably naive opinion.

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I have still not heard any word on the Sky+ subs being removed, why would they

Well, the Sky+ sub is rather unjustified.

And if they dropped it, surely then more people would sign up for Sky+.

stevec59 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

So,is there 'anything Big on the cards' for May?

I remember reading ages ago that there was a possibility that sky would scrap the standard Sky box and there fore Sky+ would be free installation and no subscription-any more news on that.

Here's hoping.

Steve

patshar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

With Sky releasing their 1st Qtr results on Wed 2/5 and according to media reports churn is forecasted to be around 13%. Is something big happening this week!!!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast