Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Sky+ Subscription imminent scrapping

This is a discussion on Sky+ Subscription imminent scrapping within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by district69 No. it doesn't help as it's talking about a completely different thing, but thanks for looking ...

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ Subscription imminent scrapping

Quote Originally Posted by district69 View Post
      No. it doesn't help as it's talking about a completely different thing, but thanks for looking it up.
      ???????

2. Advertisement
      AberdeenGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Denburn
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Me has a feeling this isn't happening any time soon.

As has been said already, if it does ever happen, it will probably be added to a new deal that's coming out to embellish it a little bit.

carlejo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have 2 x sky+ boxes and have just bought a third s/h.... long story short there is the wife, me, 2 x stepchildren(20 and 19) and my own boy of 10.... we have 2 x separate living rooms where they all share the other sky+ box.....anything for an easier life and to make less arguments I will be using this in the boys room so that they can watch football, sports, etc and then my step daughter can have her BF around and they can watch TV downstairs.... story over.....

I have spoken to sky today and they are not dropping the sky+ subs and multiroom.... now I'm a bit annoyed, it would have been great to drop the multiroom as this would have saved me 20 a month.... I'm already on the top sky package so that won't make a difference.... anybody know where this info came from originally ?

cheers
      Carl

aspect is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The so called inof was, I believe posted in Boards.ie and was picked up in Digital Spy. It was said on the original board that the OP had been generally reliable hitherto.

It may bot have come to be, but what will happen in due course is IMO made uncerain by the future advent of the BBC Freesat which has had provisional approval. There is a risk that some will elect to leave subscription Sky if the new kid on the block can provide a suitable PVR and the market for the Sky+ box may be curtailed anyhow. waters are getting very muddied

AberdeenGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Denburn
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah, he should've titled this topic "POSSIBLE scrapping of Sky+ Sub" or better yet "One Certain Individual Who Wishes to Remain Nameless Has Said That Sky Are to Remove the Subscription for Sky+ and There's a Pretty Good Chance That he May be Right- Don't Count on it Though"

Just fooling around of course. The entertainment industry certainly is very changeable and this news at one point in time may have been true. We just don't know.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I would practically gurantee the reason why this has not happened already is because of the Virgin Media battle etc etc.

Who knows, Sky would have even more bargaining power tomorrow if they were to offer free Sky+, imagine how many new customers they would pick up from VM / NTL etc.

There has to be a reason why this did not happen on the 12th February 2007 and like I say the most likely reason is above. Even staff were under the impression this was to happen on 12th.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 28-02-07 at 11:04 PM. Reason: grammar

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AberdeenGuy View Post
      Yeah, he should've titled this topic "POSSIBLE scrapping of Sky+ Sub" or better yet "One Certain Individual Who Wishes to Remain Nameless Has Said That Sky Are to Remove the Subscription for Sky+ and There's a Pretty Good Chance That he May be Right- Don't Count on it Though"
      When I wrote this thread title, I did quite clearly state "We have reason to believe that this will be announced imminently." That reason is still valid until retracted by the informant. The only mistake I have made was using the word We as it was in fact myself that received the PM and therefore I should have used "I"

Whether or not this will happen soon I cannot confirm, but put it another way, I have not been told I am wrong by any Sky member that visits this forum.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 01-03-07 at 01:14 AM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I would practically gurantee the reason why this has not happened already is because of the Virgin Media battle etc etc.
      I'm inclined to agree with you on this point. If Sky want to pull off a master stroke of attracting Virgin Media customers and keeping existing customers happy then they should think about dropping the Sky+ subscription. Who know, in the next couple of weeks would be optimum timing, but hey....maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

spcdust

sc0tsman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: livingston
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

With the current climate between SKY & VM i would imagine the powers that be are waiting for the right time to hit VM as well as there own customers with this.

I have a sneaky feeling that something bigger may be on the horizon though

NickS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I've heard of plans to restructure the movie channels (for the better if you ask me) from April and also for an overhaul of the pricing structure, I would guess that this is part of that and was intended as a forerunner to the main changes but that the whole VM saga has caused a (slight or otherwise) change of plan. Whatever happens, I think the Sky/VM war will benefit all customers in the long run and I still think that Sky is a better bet because with satellite you will always have access to more channels than on cable.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast