Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Sky+ Subscription imminent scrapping

This is a discussion on Sky+ Subscription imminent scrapping within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by spurs_nut Has anybody not seen that if you make a package online and as long as you ...

spcdust is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ Subscription imminent scrapping

Quote Originally Posted by spurs_nut View Post
      Has anybody not seen that if you make a package online and as long as you have sky sports or sky movies then the sky+ sub is free?

Thought this has been going a while.
      This has been the case for a few years. Unfortunately not really being a Sports fan and preferring to watch my choice of movies the prospect of a £30.00 - £35.00 per month package just to get a "free" Sky+ subscription is not of any interest.

spcdust

2. Advertisement
      Sky2Topfield is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Old Customer
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi all. First post and wanted to get in on this... I've had sky for many years and was happy to pay for Sky+ at the start, but as DVD writers and PVR's and SkyHD came on the market, I was amazed they didn't drop the charge.

I've cancelled sky as I can't have sky+ and 2 mixes without paying £10. I've just got a 250GB dual tuner Topfield PVR 5800 and love it. You can install what are called 'TAPs' which is third part software on it, so you get a really good interface and can do 'proper' searching of programs instead of the series link functionality that sky offers. For example: “record me anything which begins with the words "Big Brother" on any channel on any day excluding +1 channels”. Also, you can download/ uploaded via a usb port on the back.

I do miss sky one. But then again for me it was the principle of being ripped off which I couldn't ignore. If I can get sky+ functionality without paying for it I might go back with 2 mixes...but in the meantime...the toppy rocks!

Welcome to Toppy.org.uk

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

These type of PVR's don't record Sky programmes, so i don't see the point in getting one.

Sky2Topfield is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Old Customer
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

To the point Gaztops and if you want to retain sky..good observation! My post was about sky loosing customers like me if they continue to charge for sky+. If they drop the charges I'd go back. That's the point I'm making. To continue to charge people to record programs which they've paid for on a box which they've paid is not good when the technology is widely available.

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Apologies Sky2Topfield, i misread your post and thought that these PVR's were aimed at people who are refusing Sky+ because of the subscription, but still have a Sky digibox.

belial is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: woodgate
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

is it anygood?
      NO SATELLITE SIGNAL RECEIVED - AGAIN...

aspect is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

RT bought to day for next week's progs has no Sky Ads/ That's even less than last time I mentioned RT ads>

jimmycobra is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: shaw
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sky2Topfield View Post
      hi all. First post and wanted to get in on this... I've had sky for many years and was happy to pay for Sky+ at the start, but as DVD writers and PVR's and SkyHD came on the market, I was amazed they didn't drop the charge.

I've cancelled sky as I can't have sky+ and 2 mixes without paying £10. I've just got a 250GB dual tuner Topfield PVR 5800 and love it. You can install what are called 'TAPs' which is third part software on it, so you get a really good interface and can do 'proper' searching of programs instead of the series link functionality that sky offers. For example: “record me anything which begins with the words "Big Brother" on any channel on any day excluding +1 channels”. Also, you can download/ uploaded via a usb port on the back.

I do miss sky one. But then again for me it was the principle of being ripped off which I couldn't ignore. If I can get sky+ functionality without paying for it I might go back with 2 mixes...but in the meantime...the toppy rocks!

Welcome to Toppy.org.uk
      And did you add that it connects to pc via usb.this allows you to burn films to a dvd as well. I love the toppy have done for nearly two years.
      But i thought id give sky a whirl, only for the sports though. oh and the cheap broadband. its been so long since i installed taps i cant remember what they were. but you are right it leaves the sky box standing for personalisation, i added my own channel graphics for the kids, it had their photo on kids channels when in the guide.
      you can also set recordings weeks in advance via digi guide. its a shame the sky terrestrial will be mpeg4 as the toppy is only mpeg2

RickyC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Salford
      Broadband ISP: Mid/JNET
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Do any of you have TIvO?

aspect is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: