Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Has the Sky Portal been fixed?

This is a discussion on Has the Sky Portal been fixed? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Hi, It's a shame that this is my first post and its negative about sky, but sadly the portal is ...

welby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Harrowden, Wellingborough, Northants
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation Re: Has the Sky Portal been fixed?

Hi,

It's a shame that this is my first post and its negative about sky, but sadly the portal is down this morning! 31/01/07

Grrrrrrrrr

Thanks for a very informative site.

Welby

ps Ive only waited for sky broadband for three months, had the usual problems ....no password..missing cd...low speed..shall I continue...

2. Advertisement
      Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Has the Sky Portal been fixed?

Mine has always worked okay if I log in from home (via SkyBB) but not if I tried from another network.

However, I checked my email via the portal on Monday from a network in Cyprus and it logged in fine so I would say that it is better now than it was.
      ~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

karanja is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I still have to delete my password to log in and also have to be in no page style to see whats on the page.

Dave37 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hooton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Has the Sky Portal been fixed?

Yes I can now log on to Sky portal. Although McAfee was causing problems as well, blocking cookies, now sorted though.

mrtuft is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chesham
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had given up trying to use the password that Sky gave me to access the Sky Broadband Portal, so thought I would try changing it via Sky.com where I already had a login name & password.

Lo & behold, when I tried to sign in there with my Sky.com existing password, it appeared to longer work. So I tried the password the Sky posted me & that did work allowing me to change it back to my original password which now works on both sites......huzzah!

However, just to confirm what others have said about the Portal.....it's crap & not worth going into anyway!

LUAP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leek
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Same Problem, same fix. Looks like a bug in the broadband portal when it trys to redirect to force profile/password update on first login

technorog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: crayford
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi all
      Just thought I would post my experience's with Sky BB. I got connected around the 12 /11/06 a few minor problems at first the router was not working new one came then connection ok but could not log on to Sky. After 4 weeks every thing went dead had to go back on AOL dial-up. Many hours on the phone etc but no joy with tier 3 technical they told mre it was a BT fault. After 7 weeks last Saturday the 3 Feb 07 all was back and running including Sky log on e-mail and all seems to be working well. A little slow but we are appox. 4 miles from the exchange so I think it is acceptable.
      Monday 5 Feb 07 Teir 3 left a message saying that I should be able to log-on ( very surprised ) and he asked me to monitor progress over the next 7 days and to let them know how things are, so after many weeks and coming very close to asking the BBC's Watchdog program to have a go or cancelling my whole Sky package completely I am glad I stayed with it although I have aged 10 years.
      Best of luck to all who are still having problems I hope you get sorted quickly.
      Technorog

morris is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Re: Has the Sky Portal been fixed?

have been on sky mid a week talked to sky about lack of email service,they rang me today talked me through a re-register now appears ok fingers crossed if it remains so i must admit im pretty impressed with customer service. will keep you posted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123