Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Has the Sky Portal been fixed?

This is a discussion on Has the Sky Portal been fixed? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Just joined Sky Max and after a bit of hassle getting the wireless router to talk to my D-Link card ...

richard cliff is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Has the Sky Portal been fixed?

Just joined Sky Max and after a bit of hassle getting the wireless router to talk to my D-Link card I got up and running after two nights of burning the midnight oil. This site has been invaluable in getting up and running.

I couldn't access the portal with the account info provided by Sky, however I followed the suggested procedure on here of changing my sky.com user password which also resets the skybroadband password, and hey presto I can now log into the Skybroadband site.

So thank you to Skyuser - The site Rocks!

2. Advertisement
      RWS
      RWS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bramhall
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I wrote to the Customer Marketing Director who emailed one of the Technical men. Over two days they phoned ME 4 times. After changing my password it all now works --- Kevin and Chris -- top guys .

I don't have to login and use Outlook Express rather than the Sky email site for emails -- familiar and easier to use. My only problem is the low WiFi signal if I take my laptop downstairs away from the router. I see that someone else has posted this problem so I will watch that thread.

Otherwise it works well. Better than dial-up!

dotdotuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Been on Sky BB for a couple of weeks.

The portal did not work - I tried the suggested fix elsewhere in this forum to change my profile and add a sub profile on sky.com but that did not work.

I wrote to Sky via the email address in the Skyuser FAQs and got an immediate reply apologising but asking me to write with further details. However I went straight to the portal and tried to log in - and - I'm in!

It even worked from work.

BTW - Whoever said you will be dissapointed by what you get once you do log on - is right

Cheers,

Henry

walter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky are taking a more enlightened attitude towards the customer service. Please attached reply from Sky regarding IE 7 dated 28.1.07.

"Please be assured we are able to support IE7 and even package it out with our routers.

The problem we have with IE7 at present is in sending emails, there is no 'back' button when trying to send attachments, which we are working a fix for in conjunction with Google."

surveyor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Garforth
      Broadband ISP: Moved on from Sky Connect (due to EasyNet non delivery of promises)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Cos View Post
      Nope , I've never been able to get into this .Just nipped home at lunchtime , tried it again and it just does nothing . ive left it trying to log in I will check it when I get home from Work later
      Mine still doesn't work either. Firefox (still) comes up with an error that the page is being redirected such that it will never complete. IE just hangs.

Benny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Edgware
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I still can't log onto this sky broadband portal. I think this last failed attempt will be my last , I doubt I'm missing much anyway.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Have you tried changing your password via Sky.com and then tryu accessing the portal again using your new password along with your exsiting username.

saunds is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hemel Hempstead
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Got hooked up in November and the portal has only worked with my main account 'till now, just got in with additional accounts that I set up many moons ago

I have always been able to get in with Outlook so not been too much of a pain for me....

skysnail is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Have ben with SY for 2 weeks. Allsites are fine apart from the SKY email start up - not sure if this is because of the portal issue but I am still having problems with login on being very very slow

Benny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Edgware
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yes, been there with the changing password, all that did was stop me accessing my email via outlook whilst still not allowing me onto this sky broadband portal. I did all this over their 0870 etc numbers and they eventually sent me a new password ( via a letter through the door) that they say should work. It didn't .

Well, i can now use it for my email client again , but i don't care to change it anymore just because it doesn't work for this website, which holds no real particular interest for me, i tried ..it didnt work for me for one reason or another, so i'm done with it.

The only interest that remains is an objective one , ie for this forum , for others that still want to access it.. or want to give up on it, as the case may be. I certainly have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast