Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ?? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Someone on another forum got sent this mail after they registered an interest in Sky Broadband: Great news! Even though ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

Someone on another forum got sent this mail after they registered an interest in Sky Broadband:

Great news! Even though the Sky Broadband network hasn't yet reached your area, you can enjoy all the benefits of Sky Broadband Connect right now. And we're delighted to offer this to you for just 5 a month.

Has anyone else either seen this or had one of these mails as I am currently paying 17 a month for this Connect service so it looks like I have a phone call to make.

NR: have made this a news story on homepage and removed quote tags as it destroys html layout
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 12-01-07 at 07:03 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

The bloke basically called me a liar but as I have the mail now that this other guy was sent I am going to mail them and see what they say, perhaps it was a mistake ??

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Post it on here if you can, see if we can nudge a response?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

Will do. Looking at the mail again it actualky mentions the 5 a month fee twice, once in the bit posted above and a second time further down:

Sky Broadband Connect

Up to 8Mb download speed – perfect for downloading music and video

40GB usage every month

One-off 20 activation fee

Just 5 a month

Exchange:
      Thanks

I haven't heard back from Sky yet but I am aware of 4 people who have now receieved this 5 Connect package offer

worcsguy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi

I have received this email too (copied below) and am thinking of signing up.

Could anyone advise as to the following please

1. Is there any traffic management, particularly peer to peer, and if so to what extent and what time of day

2. If i transfer to the LLU version when available for me, and then decide to leave after 12 months, am i right in saying that i would have to cancel skyBB, THEN sign up with a new provider, ie there will be some days delay? Also can i move to any provider at that point, at no cost apart from the usual activation fee if charged by the new isp?

3. Can i use the sky router to connect to my wii and laptop card - and what is the exact make and model of the router?

4. Have all the 'websites that wont work' issues been sorted now?

Thanks in advance, any replies gratefully received :-)

worcsguy

Great news! Even though the Sky Broadband network hasn't yet reached your area, you can enjoy all the benefits of Sky Broadband Connect right now. And we're delighted to offer this to you for just 5 a month.

Enjoy download speeds of up to 8Mb and a generous 40GB monthly usage allowance so you can email, surf, shop and download music and videos.

Include Sky Talk and you can receive FREE evening and weekend calls to UK landlines anytime day or night, weekdays or weekends. Just pay BT for your line rental and Sky for your Sky Talk charges. So why wait?

To order Sky Broadband, Sky Talk or both, call 08705 515 515

Up to 8Mb download speed perfect for downloading music and video

40GB usage every month

One-off 20 activation fee

Just 5 a month

Already got broadband? It's really easy to switch. All you need to do is contact your existing broadband provider about switching over and then order Sky Broadband Connect.

You can save with Sky Talk too. Whether you have Sky Broadband or not, you can switch to Sky Talk and get unlimited calls to UK landlines, at any time of the day or night, for just 5 a month. Mobile and international calls are cheaper than BT too. Just pay BT for your line rental and Sky for your Sky Talk charges.

Find out more about Sky Talk

As you can see, we believe in keeping it simple. For better value broadband PLUS all our extra benefits, call us on 08705 515 515 now.

If your PC/laptop is not wireless enabled you can buy the necessary equipment from Sky. **UK call rates do not include calls to mobiles, the Channel Islands, non-geographic and premium rate numbers, e.g. those starting with 08, 09 and 118. Unlimited calls last up to an hour after which 0.8p per minute rates apply for UK calls, and standard Sky Talk rates apply for international calls, or you can hang up and re-dial as often as you like. Unlimited international calls subject to fair use policy, see Sky.com - Products and Services>More Sky Products>Sky Talk - eSales Sky Broadband: Minimum subscription to your chosen Sky Broadband product is 12 months. You must be a UK active residential Sky TV subscriber throughout your Sky Broadband subscription. Availability and speeds are subject to your location, a compatible line, equipment and survey. Top speed may vary significantly because of distance from local exchange and the quality of your line. Network coverage is currently 50% of UK population; due to rise to 70% in July 2007. Monthly usage limit: Connect 40GB; Mid 40GB. Maximum download speeds: Connect up to 8Mb; Mid up to 8Mb. Maximum upload speeds: Connect up to 448Kb; Mid up to 400Kb. Optional home installation is 50. Eligibility and other terms apply. Information correct at 2 January 2007. Sky Talk: Only available to residential Sky TV subscribers paying for their subscription by direct debit/credit card mandate. Not available to BT Light Users or if outgoing calls are barred. Calls to emergency numbers and some internet calls are provided by BT, not Sky Talk. Further terms apply. Information correct at 2 January 2007. Calls to Sky cost up to 8p per minute for BT customers. Charges from other providers may vary.

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Nice one Sky...

How to pee off all of your connect customers in one fell swoop!!!

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

psycho

do you expect anything less from sky?!

I can imagine how annoyed you must be.

Do you by any chance have the answers to any of my questions?

worcsguy

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

1. Is there any traffic management, particularly peer to peer, and if so to what extent and what time of day
      Yes on P2P - how much is unknown

2. If i transfer to the LLU version when available for me, and then decide to leave after 12 months, am i right in saying that i would have to cancel skyBB, THEN sign up with a new provider, ie there will be some days delay? Also can i move to any provider at that point, at no cost apart from the usual activation fee if charged by the new isp?
      Yes unless your new ISP does LLU to LLU migrations - cost wise depends on who you go to, most absorb the cost of migration.

3. Can i use the sky router to connect to my wii and laptop card - and what is the exact make and model of the router?
      Yes - Netgear D834GT - with customised firmware for Sky

4. Have all the 'websites that wont work' issues been sorted now?
      Yes and if not it is usually to do with McAfee

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks very much NewsreadeR - much appreciated

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast