Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ?? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by worcsguy psycho do you expect anything less from sky?! I can imagine how annoyed you must be. ...

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

Quote Originally Posted by worcsguy View Post
      psycho

do you expect anything less from sky?!

I can imagine how annoyed you must be.

Do you by any chance have the answers to any of my questions?

worcsguy
      @worcsguy

I have to say this does suprise me if I'm honest. Whilst Sky are a lot of things they are generally fairly consistent. However this smacks of desperation, fine Sky have signed up thousands of broadband customers however lets not forget they are trying to make a dent in the anticipated losses of 400M that this whole venture is expected to cost them by financial year end. If connect is 5 then so be it, sure, it will make people sign up in their droves but they need to be putting their existing connect customers on the same package otherwise all of their hard work will be undone by bad feeling. I read an article in the Express the other day where they talked about how many companies were bringing their call centres back home because of bad feedback from their customers. People power does work, Sky will do well to remember that, especially when a new kid on he block comes calling to tempt their customers elsewhere

It doesn't annoy me because I'm on the MAX package & happy to pay 10 / month. If I was on connect then yes I would be fuming.

Sorry I didn't answer any of your questions, however as you see our glorious leader has served you well

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

This has got to be a wind up !!!!!!!
      I don't think this offer will be for everyone, I believe there will probably be certain criteria, hence none of the sign up staff know about it yet.

The fact that this offer is only by email at the moment, and not a lot of staff know about it, the secrecy leads me to believe we need to wait for the announcement. There has to be a reason for why.

What should happen though, imho is the people who have signed up should get half of their connection charge back and also some kind of rebate for the 17 a month they have been paying.

I also cannot see Sky wanting to lose money for too long, which is effectively what they are doing at 5.00 per month.

This has to be too attract large numbers quickly, it just does not make sense otherwise.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

yorkie_pudd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Intake, Sheffield
      Broadband ISP: SKy MAX (was forced adsl2+ on my netgear but god knows what i'm on now)
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi

I also received this email today - I am now very tempted as the only reason I was waiting was the fact that it was a 40 charge to go on connect when it would be 20 on the mid level package when my exchange is unbundled (due March I believe)

Anyway, if anyone wants to see it, I have a (very rough) screenshot I have u/l to my webspace here

Also, thanks to NewsreadeR for the answers to the other users questions - I had the same ones in my mind.

However, an opinion from current users on the service would be good - I only do browsing and a little on line gaming, no P2P, newsgroups etc with a bit of VoD.
      and currently use IDnet on their 2GB Lite package. Doews everyone now find the connection reliable?

Cheers

Psycho is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMGDDLI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Agree with you NR.

They are looking at numbers, not cash but volume of users, how many of us swallow the TV subs increase every year without so much as a phone call to CS to complain. The same will possibly apply with broadband

They NEED people signed up & fast. Their year ends soon & they need numbers on the books

Just my opinion

beethoven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRWAL (LLU since Oct06)
      Broadband ISP: connect billed as 17 - 12 = 5
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Will the new server be able to cope with the newcomers wanting assistance?
      If rumour is true it will prompt me to ask to go to max from connect asap and will test the ease of that step.

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Even though my exchange is not Sky enabled, I'm still not tempted with the fiver connect package. I could be giving myself problems that i don't have at the moment.

I'm a bit of a yellow belly and relunctant to take the plunge.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yorkie_pudd View Post

I only do browsing and a little on line gaming, no P2P, newsgroups etc with a bit of VoD.
      Is it the same yorkie_pudd as from Plusnet?

Your requirements I feel would well and truly be met at 5.00 per month imho

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
      Agree with you NR.

They are looking at numbers, not cash but volume of users, how many of us swallow the TV subs increase every year without so much as a phone call to CS to complain. The same will possibly apply with broadband

They NEED people signed up & fast. Their year ends soon & they need numbers on the books

Just my opinion
      I know that Sky's goal is 10 million subscribers by 2010, I think they are going to do it earlier if they are doing this.

They also have approx 470 million to throw at it as well in terms of advertising, this is going to be huge. They have to look after those on Connect already and do the right thing!

Sugden5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMSTJ
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky are going to have to find a hell of lot more customers to justify this offer if its true. The loss of my 80-a-month subscription alone means they will have to find 160 new broadband users to cover the shortfall.
      I'm sure there will be thousands of other disgruntled Sky Connect customers who will feel exactly like I do. You can fool some of the people some of the time but . . .

LNB
      LNB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Padgate LVPAD
      Broadband ISP: Connect at 5 per month
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I cannot see that. There is no offer code in the Email, and it just suggests I ring the number in the Email to order. It doesn't say I have to wait until tomorrow. This came out of the blue after registering an interest recently. My missus also received a follow up call after this mail was sent.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast