Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Sky Broadband Connect at £5 a month ??

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Connect at £5 a month ?? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; When I changed over there was no mention of any credit and after checking online all it says is "Sky ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Connect at £5 a month ??

When I changed over there was no mention of any credit and after checking online all it says is "Sky Broadband * Connect £ 5.00".

Will have to see what they take from my account when I am due to be debited next week.

2. Advertisement
      UKHack is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Trowbridge
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just used the Sky Broadband Checker to find out that I am able to get the Base, Mid and Max packages.

With this in mind I called up Sky Customer Services and was transferred to Sales to do a cross-grade. When I got through to Sales they said that they weren't able to do this, but that there was an email sent round last week advising Sky staff to tell customers that a large number of automatic transfers will be taking place in March. The rep was quite nice and asked me to bear with them just a little longer.

I'm not particularly in a rush as the £17 a month is the cheapest I've ever paid for Broadband and Max will be even better...

The best things come to those who wait!

Thanks,

Andy

jamesyboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ukhack - looks like you've been fobbed off!
      I too got a similar load of BS from the operator I spoke to, to start with.. Put the phone down.. dialed back up , got someone else and got it sorted.. no problem..

Sc00by is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I think Sky is having a good laugh at my expense now. They transferred my connection from my previous provider to connect on Friday. They have not sent my Router or connection details, I did not even get a letter to tell me when they would transfer me over. Today they left a message on my home phone telling me “Your Sky Broadband is now live, Enjoy”. OK, you know I don’t have a modem or connection details so how do you expect me to enjoy using Sky broadband.

Just checked on the Virgin Media site and according to them I am in a Cable area, so if Sky don’t get their finger out damned quick. It will be Virgin Media for me, no more Sky HD, Sky + or Sky Broadband (not that I have Broadband yet).

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324