Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ?? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Thanks, shall have to look at my options....

Guesswot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WWNABB
      Broadband ISP: Be & 3 mobile
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD, FreeSat
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

Thanks, shall have to look at my options.
      "the moving finger, having writ, moved on"

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Don't forget if you do sign up use one of the 26.00 banners on here and I could always sort you out some commission

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Guesswot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WWNABB
      Broadband ISP: Be & 3 mobile
      Sky TV: Sky+HD, FreeSat
      Thanks

Interesting. Am already with Sky Digital but at 2/month for news and others. Got line rental elsewhere at 9.99/month with free weekends and use 1899 for other calls. Sky Talk no use to me. Have rung Sky and all OK for 5 connect, Max quoted as Summer. Just got MAC from my 200% peforming ISP, hope that I am not making a big mistake!!!!! Now waiting 20 minutes on 0800 no. to finalise!!! 0870 was 12 minutes.
      "the moving finger, having writ, moved on"

Sc00by is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sc00by View Post
      Just called Sky to go for the 5 month offer. I would say I was very impressed with the person on the phone. Got an answer quiet quickly and the women I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. To be totally honest it was not what I was expecting after I had seen some of the horror stories on this site about Sky. I just hope everything continues as good as it seems to of started.

One thing I was surprised with was that she said there system showed an expected connection speed of up to 10 MB against my phone no. I would be amazed if I did get that, as I currently struggle to get 2 meg. Has anyone found Sky's estimated line speeds to be accurate.
      Guess I spoke too soon got home today and no Internet access. Checked my Router and it was failing due to authentication. Called Sky and yes they have transfered my connection today. OK transfered in a good time, pity I have not had any form of confirmation letter or even a Router. Had various stories from them in the end they said it was sent today and I should have it in around 1 week. What a total Joke, seriously if I had known I would of had this hassle I would not of bothered.

Can anyone confirm if you can use any other hardware to connect to Sky, this way at least if my login details arrive I could use my own kit until the other one arrives.

So far things have started good and turned into a complete joke. Not even an offer of a refund of the connection charge to cover going back to a dial-up connection.

Highgate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: chester-le-street
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Afraid the login details and password you get via post are for portal. Router login and password come pre-programmed into router therefore you cannot use another router.

Sky wont give you login details either.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sc00by View Post
      Guess I spoke too soon got home today and no Internet access. Checked my Router and it was failing due to authentication. Called Sky and yes they have transfered my connection today. OK transfered in a good time, pity I have not had any form of confirmation letter or even a Router. Had various stories from them in the end they said it was sent today and I should have it in around 1 week. What a total Joke, seriously if I had known I would of had this hassle I would not of bothered.

Can anyone confirm if you can use any other hardware to connect to Sky, this way at least if my login details arrive I could use my own kit until the other one arrives.

So far things have started good and turned into a complete joke. Not even an offer of a refund of the connection charge to cover going back to a dial-up connection.

I have just added a poll to the front page, apparantly Sky now send the router out to you when signing up to Connect after you have connected. This is normally done the day you connect and normally you will receive it within 3 days, good luck!

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ingleby Barwick (NEILB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I have just added a poll to the front page, apparantly Sky now send the router out to you when signing up to Connect after you have connected. This is normally done the day you connect and normally you will receive it within 3 days, good luck!
      In my opinion, that's just stupid!! Why on earth would they think that was acceptable?

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I agree, I just can't see any reason why they would do that as you are loosing you internet access because of it.

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ingleby Barwick (NEILB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Especially as they don't provide any back-up dial up service either. Completely mad.

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Thanks

I was moved onto the 5 offer earlier this month and was given a 32 credit for the higher rate I paid for the previous 2 months or so. My new Sky Bill has me confused, it mentions Credit for Cancellation of Sky Connect a couple of times. Argh!!!!

I was told I was being moved onto the offer and the only mention made of cancellation was the agent who said I could manually move you over to Mid but that you would loose your service for anumber of days so he would not do that and just change my pricing plan.

Can anyone else who has been moved over in the past month or so check your bill via Sky Active or indeed online if you can (I can't, don't ask!) and let me know if there is any mention of this.

Ta

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast