Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Connect at £5 a month ??

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Connect at £5 a month ?? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Cheers Alan B, I've just rechecked my phone number to see if we are in an enabled area yet and ...

lamby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallsend
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Connect at £5 a month ??

Cheers Alan B, I've just rechecked my phone number to see if we are in an enabled area yet and it said we were,so straight onto sky and they said that the exchange must have just been enabled as it wasn't showing on their system.Anyway he offered straight away to drop my connect(£17)down to mid(£5).If only I could stop my connection from dropping that easily.
      Cheers again,
      Chris

2. Advertisement
      iannufc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Jarrow (NEJW)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Me too - I've been paying the Mid price since late December when my exchange was enabled. The phonecall was relatively quick and painless, too.

Very decent of them, I think. Or a good way to lure customers, if you are of the sceptical type..........

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lamby View Post
      Cheers Alan B
      No probs, glad to help.

Gawfie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Carlisle
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Re: Sky Broadband Connect at £5 a month ??

Phoned up today and got switched on to £5 easily.

I said i was currently paying £17 per month for my connect package and that a friend had been moved over to £5 per month Connect because our exchange is due to be upgraded in next 6 months (even though its already done, they just haven't moved us over).

He agreed and said he would do it now. Also said he would refund £20 back on to my account as part of activation fee refund. I never even brought it up!

When it was going through on the system he said it was a new offer that was brought in and that i must have signed up a few days before it came out. I just said yeah (been on over 3 months). Must be to cover their own backs should they get questioned.

Checked Sky.com and i'm now on £5 connect so its gone through aswell as £20 credit according to Interactive Customer Services on TV.

Edit: Forgot to mention i used freephone number 0800 0512 595

nsviper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cumbernauld (WSCUM)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Need to check
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Just phoned up myself to find out, since my exchange was done on Nov 2nd.

Customer Services guy said that i was due in the next 2 weeks ?!

Guess i'll have to check when im back from snowboarding....
      I don't care if the glass is half full or half empty, i just want to know who's been drinking my pint!!!

Gallery...http://andy-stewart.deviantart.com/gallery

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I didn't think to ask about the £20 activation fee, not that I am bothered anyway compared to what I am saving now against what I was paying to BT.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I didn't persue the £20 activation refund either - I was just pleased at the time to get the monthly reduction. But if you can get it - then go for it

dasboot is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Atherton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just called the freephone number myself after watching this thread develop. Explained my position that my exchange had been enabled in October and that several neighbours who had signed up since were on the Max packages. I was surprised that the guy instantly told me I could be moved over and it would take up to ten days (lets see) he also credited £!0 to my account for inconvenience, that was without me even complaining.
      I think they have maybe got a grasp that they have put a few noses out of joint with the fragmented and non uniform way they have treated their customers. Heres hoping anyway, oh and thanks to all the contributors to this thread, the info on here is excellent ammunition when fighting your corner

Sc00by is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just called Sky to go for the £5 month offer. I would say I was very impressed with the person on the phone. Got an answer quiet quickly and the women I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. To be totally honest it was not what I was expecting after I had seen some of the horror stories on this site about Sky. I just hope everything continues as good as it seems to of started.

One thing I was surprised with was that she said there system showed an expected connection speed of up to 10 MB against my phone no. I would be amazed if I did get that, as I currently struggle to get 2 meg. Has anyone found Sky's estimated line speeds to be accurate.

prem is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We had gotten an e-mail sometime last year saying we'd be able to get Sky Base/Mid/MAX just after the new year. As with a lot of you, we also got the e-mail about our exchange being done by summer 2007 and the checker confirmed this yet as of a couple of days ago the checker now says:

"Unfortunately Sky’s Base, Mid and Max products will not be available where you live. Instead, you can get Sky Broadband Connect, which at £17 a month is less than the equivalent BT product."

Why would it have been planned for them to scrap it? I mean it seems like a great ploy to tell potential customers that you will be able to get the products, be put on at £5 a month on connect till it happens only to turn round and tell you it isn't being done (and I'm guessing they will have to pay £17 after six months?).

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast