Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ?? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I to had horrendous trouble with this also . I had been trying since Monday and finally got it changed ...

Big_Cos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01928
      Broadband ISP: Connect 17 to 5
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

I to had horrendous trouble with this also . I had been trying since Monday and finally got it changed yesterday afternoon through the CS number given eairler in this post ,so dont give up trying .
      What Email address did you send you complaint to and how long did it take them to respond ? as I have compiled a 4 page complaint letter but since thought it not worth sending now my subs have been reduced .

2. Advertisement
      boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Cos View Post
      I to had horrendous trouble with this also . I had been trying since Monday and finally got it changed yesterday afternoon through the CS number given eairler in this post ,so dont give up trying .
      What Email address did you send you complaint to and how long did it take them to respond ? as I have compiled a 4 page complaint letter but since thought it not worth sending now my subs have been reduced .
      What number is being dialled, I have using the 0800 number and getting one of the Customer Service centre's in Scotland, not to far from me actually.

The email address I used was broadbandcustomerservice@bskyb.com but I also CC'd James Murdoch, his is james.murdoch@bskyb.com

The initial response took 8 days but after a stinging response last night the agent responded with the email this morning, I have fired another one back at them.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Originally Posted by starduster
      I've just used the free number 0800 0512595, spoke to a very nice man who couldn't be more helpful. Got switched over to the 5 option no problems.[this time - 3rd phone call] So if anyone is still getting an 'I don't know what you're talking about' or 'this is for new customers only' reply, I suggest you put the phone down and ring again a few minutes later, you're almost certain to get someone else next time, hopefully someone who will help you.

I just used the one above , I agree it is a bit hit and miss , like I said it has take me 4 days to get it done

Thanks for the Email address

pappa Delta is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Toothill (Swindon)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Still doesn't help if you have no date set for LLU unbundling at your local exchange

I've been on to them several times today - hitting the usual sky customer services scripted brick wall - but as there is no date set for my exchange, I'm not eligible. So I'll have to keep paying the 17 fee indefinitely. End of.

I still don't think 17 is all that bad (I was previously paying Pipex about 24 a month for a 2Mb connection) but I do begrudge paying 17 whilst others on the identical package are paying 5 because they are likely to get moved to Base, Mid or Max in the next 6 months!

I'd love to hear from anyone who is in a similar position that has managed to get switched to the 5 fee ! And how you managed it!!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pappa Delta View Post
      Still doesn't help if you have no date set for LLU unbundling at your local exchange

I've been on to them several times today - hitting the usual sky customer services scripted brick wall - but as there is no date set for my exchange, I'm not eligible. So I'll have to keep paying the 17 fee indefinitely. End of.

I still don't think 17 is all that bad (I was previously paying Pipex about 24 a month for a 2Mb connection) but I do begrudge paying 17 whilst others on the identical package are paying 5 because they are likely to get moved to Base, Mid or Max in the next 6 months!

I'd love to hear from anyone who is in a similar position that has managed to get switched to the 5 fee ! And how you managed it!!
      have you tried the phone number checker on the Website , that is what tells you if you are eligible try Sky Broadband this will tell you if you can , like I said before it took ages to get somone who would do it with no questions asked . I hope it is now done and their not just fobbing me off

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

@ boab2791 - Just keep trying mate on the free phone number as you might finally get through to someone who knows what they are doing like I did.

I take it you have checked on the Sky site (link in the post above) to see if you can get this 5 offer because your exchange is due to be upgraded within the next 6 months ?

andycswt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aberdare
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just rang them on the freephone number -0800 0512595. Spoke to an advisor who initially said she didn't think i could be "swapped over". I pointed out that quite a few people already had been, so she "went to check if it's possible".
      4 mins later she came back and told me it had been arranged!

The only stumbling block is that she said it is a "special offer, only available for a 6 month duration" But my exchange is due to be updated sometime this summer..(was originally December). So i am happy for now as i have also had a 20 credit off them for the poor service i was getting at first.
      Last edited by andycswt; 19-01-07 at 07:07 PM.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andycswt View Post
      The only stumbling block is that she said it is a "special offer, only available for a 6 month duration" But my exchange is due to be updated sometime this summer..(was originally December). So i am happy for now as i have also had a 20 credit off them for the poor service i was getting at first.
      Technically that is correct. The reason why Sky are offering this as 5 is because those who are eligible for it will see their exchanges upgraded before the end of July, and only these people can have this offer.

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

@Alan b

I will try again tomorrow, been out most of the day. I am not eligible for the 5 offer as my exchange was upgraded almost 3 months ago, therefore the BB Checker advises I can get Base.Mid or Max right now if I were a new customer so I do not get the delay.

No response via the stinging email I sent back to the agent in Customer Relations who is arguing with me over what I quoted in this site. Why can't Sky just look on here and see what goes on and be transparent with us the loyal customer.

pimpshizzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: barnsley (slby)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i have a concern,even though i managed to get my connect fee down from 17 to 5, there seems to be a few ppl posting who have had their exchange unbundled from connect to base,mid,max but havent yet been changed over,my exchange is due to change in july (as do a lot of peoples) SO if in july my exchange changes and they dont swap me,do i go back upto 17 ?? or do i ring up every day in in july until im changed over

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast