Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ?? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sounds like a lot of people may have swapped over from 17 to 5 and they are realising that they ...

lowmans is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: werrington
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

Sounds like a lot of people may have swapped over from 17 to 5 and they are realising that they could be losing a lot of money in the next 6 months. Even longer if they don't meet thier deadlines for enabling exchanges with thier equipment.

Don't give up though.

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Cos View Post
      I was told this is only for new customers , is there any current connect subscribers that have had their subs reduced from 17.00 to 5.00 ?
      Me too, keep at them, good luck dave

pimpshizzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: barnsley (slby)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

theres nothing at all on the page about "new customers only" nothing in the t&c either,if when you enter your number in the checker it comes up that your eligible, to me that means your eligible..i took some doing but it can be done keep on at them

Grifter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Plymouth - WWPYTH
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just called the freephone number (after checking the website to make sure i was eligible) and they changed me from the 17 to 5 package without any problems.

Glad i read this post as i'm now 12 a month better off!!!

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

The Sky Shop part of sky.com does not work for me. I log in and then told the following:

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to continue with your order online. New customers please phone 08705 800 874, and customers already with Sky please phone 08706 072 759 for equipment upgrades or 08702 404 020 for package upgrades.

I think my SKy profile is knackered as it does not list the correct Sky Package and thos peeps at Sky haven't a clue what to do despite repeated calls about this issue as I can't use Anytime Mobile.

starduster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Langley Mill
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've just used the free number 0800 0512595, spoke to a very nice man who couldn't be more helpful. Got switched over to the 5 option no problems.[this time - 3rd phone call] So if anyone is still getting an 'I don't know what you're talking about' or 'this is for new customers only' reply, I suggest you put the phone down and ring again a few minutes later, you're almost certain to get someone else next time, hopefully someone who will help you.

Lomar4976 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just to add to the 'current connect customer who changed over to the cheaper rate' voice.

I was previously on the 17 connect monthly tariff, and having just read this post, ive decided to give sky a ring no more than 5 minutes ago.

First number I rang was the number quoted on the 'existing sky customers' line - the 08702 404 007 one, and they gave me the standard 'new customers only'

I pointed out i'd only been a customer for a short while, and the girl on the other end of the line said she would give me the broadband customer services line number to call to see if they could do anything.

The number was 08705 515 515 (press 1 then press 5). Managed to get through straight away, explain the problem, and the guy on the other end of the line said it would take 2 minutes to update the information (on hold time) but he said that transferring over to the cheaper rate was no problem at all. He asked where I had heard about the cheaper rate deal, and I just said that I heard from a friend who had just attempted to get onto the sky package and saw the cheaper price.

Not sure if theres any obvious ways to get to the correct people by phoning the freephone line since the 80705 numbers seem to be all over the place with many different numbers being quoted but thats the route I took if you want to try your luck... it just means you pay for a few minutes of call time.

Still waiting on getting the exchange unbundled more than anything though, need to get rid of this traffic shaping that's been a blight of my connection since I transferred... but its nice to allow everyone at home to browse the web without it slowing down to a crawl for everyone due to the low bandwidth I used to have.

Big_Cos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01928
      Broadband ISP: Connect 17 to 5
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starduster View Post
      I've just used the free number 0800 0512595, spoke to a very nice man who couldn't be more helpful. Got switched over to the 5 option no problems.[this time - 3rd phone call] So if anyone is still getting an 'I don't know what you're talking about' or 'this is for new customers only' reply, I suggest you put the phone down and ring again a few minutes later, you're almost certain to get someone else next time, hopefully someone who will help you.
      Would you Belive it , just rang the number above and guess what , they have just gone and reduced my sub from 17.00 to 5.00 at last , just dont know what to do about this Complaint letter that I have nearly finnished ?

all I can say is thanks to you guys for keeping me going

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

No point in sending it

Congrats on your super cheap broadband

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Big_Cos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01928
      Broadband ISP: Connect 17 to 5
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I know , but it is like War & peace , I might sell it on and make an ITV mini drama out of it

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast