Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ?? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I called Sky Customer Services this afternoon using the 0800 number. The chap was pleasant enough but didn't know what ...

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

I called Sky Customer Services this afternoon using the 0800 number. The chap was pleasant enough but didn't know what I was talking about. I told him my exchange was upgraded 2 months ago but I am still on Connect and now I am not happy about new subscribers joining under the 5 deal while I am paying 17 when I should now be on the 5 mid service.

He was apologetic and went out what too do. He was advised to escalate the issue to a "higher" helpdesk and they would sort it out. With regards to the change in billing he said he would sort it but I am not hopeful.

Upon the instructions above I logged into sky.com and then to Sky Shop but all I ever get is a page saying the service is not available and to call an 0870 number, in My Sky my package does not mention my BB service.

I think I will call back tomorrow to see what is happening, I just wish Sky agents would all sing from the same hymn sheet.

2. Advertisement
      Disillusioned is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SSFLT Filton Bristol
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boab2791 View Post
      I just wish Sky agents would all sing from the same hymn sheet.
      One job at a time. Lets get global warming sorted out first then we can get working on the more dificult challenges
      Last edited by Disillusioned; 17-01-07 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Usual reason, bad spelling
      ~Computing today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning~

Hairy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newcastle West
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Well,I got my MAC from aol (who were really arsey about it) and ordered Connect on Sunday.Five days for router and about two weeks to switch!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myerss View Post
      login at sky.com then click the "Sky Shop" tab and your current package will be listed in the right hand box
      Never knew about this, so cheers. It even shows how much you are currently paying for your Broadband service so in my case 5.

BB_User_2002 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sorry if this has been said before but is there a connection between how soon your exchange gets enabled for LLU and the offer for connect at 5 quid? Maybe its only offered to those who will soon be able to switch and get off BT connect lines????????????

broadbandman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi

I have been on sky connect for four months now my exchange was unbundled five weeks ago rang freephone number today explained my position they confirmed exchange unbundled but said i would be placed on mid package in due course ( no date given).Told them i wanted the 5 charge until then and was told it was only for new customers, asked for manager and she told me the same thing and would not budge. help needed pls

pimpshizzy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: barnsley (slby)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Sky Broadband Connect at 5 a month ??

FINALLY !!!

after numerous calls to all the numbers we've finally got the 5 connect,we've been told we couldnt have it because we'd loose our broadband,also the "brand new customers only" line.phoned the 08702 404007number and explained we're currently paying the 17 connect and would like the 5 offer.

the reply...no problem i'll do that for you now, checked on sky.com whilst still on the phone (sky shop tab) and yep now getting connect for a fiver

thanks to all those on here offering advice.
      Last edited by pimpshizzy; 18-01-07 at 11:20 AM.

Big_Cos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01928
      Broadband ISP: Connect 17 to 5
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have all but given up , after trying to get this sorted , i am so frustrated half of them dont know anything about this , the ones that do keep saying there system is down and can I call back later . I rang customer services last night & spent an hour on the phone explaining what my problems are and how I would like to Cancel my Subscription with BB and also my Sat , the best I got was a credit on my account and an address to send my complaint to , althogh I took great satisfaction of blowing them out of the water when she told me I couldnt cancel because it was outside my cooling off period ( but thats another story)

I was told this is only for new customers , is there any current connect subscribers that have had their subs reduced from 17.00 to 5.00 ?

please let me know as I want to use this against them in my letter of complaint.

lowmans is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: werrington
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Cos View Post
      I was told this is only for new customers , is there any current connect subscribers that have had their subs reduced from 17.00 to 5.00 ?
      I changed over from 17 to 5 on Connect, took about 5minutes. Phoned 08702 404007 which is the number quoted for existing Sky customers on the page after you input your phone number in the 'check availability in your area' page ---------->Sky Broadband

Big_Cos is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01928
      Broadband ISP: Connect 17 to 5
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I tried that number and I have had responces like , you have rang the wrong number or we dont know what your on about or its for new customers only , but as long as I have proof that it is being done there is still hope .

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast