Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sky enabled exchanges

This is a discussion on Sky enabled exchanges within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; guess everyones at the pub spendin their 12 ???? lol i spent mine on some tins - dave...

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky enabled exchanges

guess everyones at the pub spendin their 12 ????
      lol
      i spent mine on some tins - dave

2. Advertisement
      Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatDish View Post
      Sky have taken the lead in the Exchange race with the previous leader Bulldog now a whopping 110 exchanges behind Sky's 736.

In just a few months Sky have rolled out more exchanges then anyone else and continues to invest in the roll out across the country, other ISP's can only sit back and watch as more and more customers move to Sky Broadband.

source samknows
      Its just a shame that to sky "enabling" an exchange means throwing some kit in rather than said kit actually providing a working broadband service to its customers. They should stop enabling new exchanges until they can adequately cope with the existing ones.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
      means throwing some kit in rather than said kit actually providing a working broadband service to its customers.
      I am guessing you are either having or have had problems with Sky then because believe it or not, not everybody does. I am more than happy with the service they are offering me.

Mr Angry is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Putney, London
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      I am guessing you are either having or have had problems with Sky then because believe it or not, not everybody does. I am more than happy with the service they are offering me.
      A satisfied customer - they should have you stuffed ! [with apologies for the paraphrasing to J Cleese Esq]

Just trying to keep the balance in the wonderful world of all the good things sky keep announcing they're doing that this part of the forum seems to have become.

And (though you posted it in another thread) - au contraire - whinging about it is quite cathartic and saves me money compared to ringing sky's various 0870 numbers for hours on end. It also arguably more useful in solving the problems I'm having - at least there's a chance of intelligent comment from this site.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
      nging sky's various 0870 numbers for hours on end. It also arguably more useful in solving the problems I'm having - at least there's a chance of intelligent comment from this site.
      Why on earth are you using the 0870 number when there is a free 0800 number that you can use to get through to the same departments.

There are a lot of satisfied customers but we don't all post in multiple forums like you do.

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatDish View Post
      Sky have taken the lead in the Exchange race with the previous leader Bulldog now a whopping 110 exchanges behind Sky's 736.

In just a few months Sky have rolled out more exchanges then anyone else and continues to invest in the roll out across the country, other ISP's can only sit back and watch as more and more customers move to Sky Broadband.

source samknows
      Well I for one am damn glad they are. I was utterly fed up of waiting for someone to come and unbundle my exchange until Sky/easynet came and did it after xmas. I've been stuck on BT IPstream since the year dot. Theres not even cable here. Nothing. Zippo. Zilch. Nuh-uh.

If they wanted my business the other providers should pulled their collective fingers out and got the job done instead of just unbundling the core urban areas with the most population and leaving the rest of us high and dry. Too bad!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123