Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Up to 7000 customers left without Sky broadband?

This is a discussion on Up to 7000 customers left without Sky broadband? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; We have had a statement made, although not from Sky, that 7000 currently connected Sky broadband customers have either: had ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Up to 7000 customers left without Sky broadband?

We have had a statement made, although not from Sky, that 7000 currently connected Sky broadband customers have either:

• had their lines ceased for no apparent reason

• been left without broadband for up to 30 days

There is no information readily available to us, to confirm this, or if it is a Sky Broadband or BT error.

What I do feel we need, however is an official announcement as to whether or not this is true.

If you are one of those affected could you please post in this thread to let us know.

Original post here
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 29-11-06 at 07:44 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      Murphdiver is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Granton
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi,

I am one of those affected by this. I had my order ceased without notice.
      This was after my connection had been active for a total of 2 days. When I
      contacted Sky I was told I never had service and that BT were still setting
      their end up. I rang back a few days later to be told my order had been
      cancelled (by BT).
      I then found out there was also a fault with the DSLAM card I was on at the
      exchange. A work colleague is on the same card and still has no service.

I have now moved to another provider rather than waste any more time
      waiting for Sky to sort their mess out.

Regards John

earthwormjim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

its true.

No doubt about it!

They did it to me too, after 3 weeks of trying to explain to Sky what they had done I told them where to stick it and moved to Tiscali, who have been brillaint.

If you think this may have happened to you, sign up to the BT website with your account number and check your line for activity - you'll see the cancellation order there as clear as day.

It's a shame Sky couldn't do the same!

I'm cancelling my TV service too in disgust, and I know I'm not the only one.

ce1mjp is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leith
      Broadband ISP: Supposidly though i've been off line for soooo long i've forgotten!
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Still no broadband

Hi,

I'm one of the 7000. My broadband stopped working on the 1st November, 30 days ago on posting this, and still nothing from sky. It had only been up and running for about a week before the exchange decided that it no longer wanted to live.

The customer service I have recived from them has to be the worste I have ever experinced, with nobody able to give me an ETA on the resolution of the problem with the exchange. This I find amazing from such a large company who must have an idea how long it takes to rewire the D-Slam card, and know when they are going to start fixing it, thus calculating an estimated ETA!

All i'm ever told by so called "technical support" is that they have have no information, this must be due to the fact that either sky deems the 1st level of technical support so inept that they cannot handle any relevant or helpful information, (or for that matter communication with other departments), or that sky just don't want to tell thier customers any information and thus force them to leave!

Having spent many days on the phone speaking to mostly ussless, i'm being little harsh here as some people did to try and help but with the access to information they had did not stand a chance, I still have no idea when i'm going to able to access the internet from home again. The most useful advice i've had so far is to keep it plugged in, wait for the light to come back, then phone sky and I might get some of my subscription back!!!!!

I've been with sky TV for years now, and I feel like cancelling all my sky subscriptions and never coming back because of the shear awefull service I have received up to this point!!!

ffcsteve is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Billericay, Essex
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Same happened to me after being delayed for the 1st time for 2 weeks then connected for 2 weeks then cut off. When I rang CS they said they didn't know why I had been cut off and asked if I did. I was then given another activation of 22 November and 8 days later I'm still waiting to be connected , i rang CS who informed there a special team who chase up BT outstanding orders and they are awaiting a response from them. Maybe SKY should stop advertising everywhere about the new broadband service and sort out the customers they already have. I won't be recomending them to anyone and I'm sure there are lots more people like me, all I have been offered is £20 compensation, I'm sure if I told them I'm not sure why I didn't pay my £43.50 Sky subscription and then delayed it for 8 weeks then the penalties on me would be a lot tougher than we are able to give them.

SKY BB
      Skys Big Balls up

mungo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newbury
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I am having the same issues and have had the same pathetic answer from sky that the problems like in the exchange and they wil be fixed in "due course"

which it about as much use as tits on fish!

I have however found that if i turn my router off for a few hours or overnight, when i turn it back on i get a connection. Altho this generaklly only lasts a few hours or so until it again drops and will again not connect. This is however using a router other than the Sky one. The sky one doesnt connect at all regardless

I been having these issues since beginning of november and always been given the "due course" reply.....

Sky Broadband Team is offline Sky Broadband Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      We’ve checked carefully since this thread started and are pleased to confirm that this rumour is wrong. Since the launch of Sky Broadband, we’ve become aware of some customers whose lines were cancelled without their authorisation but the number is very, very small in comparison with the rumoured 7,000 figure.

We’re working with these customers and BT Openreach to understand what happened in these cases. We want to get these customers back up and running and we’re pleased to say that their lines should be reactivated very soon.

Sky Broadband Team

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks you very much for the reply and the comments lets hope that this problem can be sorted out sooner rather than later and that it will with luck not affect any more SkyBB customers.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Thank you for your explanation, although it is frustrating for those that it has affected.

Could you please cast any light on the email / portal problems?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Mushroom7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton MRASH
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i have been one of those customers. 2 months no internet. My line was eventually activated after i requested a cease and after saying they couldn't just send me a new router and cancel the cease three weeks ago they have now decided they can do this so i may be a sky broadband customer after all.
      Whether those figures are true or not you can't escape the fact that the sky broadband experience has been poor for too many potential customers. Many are happy but just looking at the unhappiness on this one site tells it's own story.
      Mushroom7
      Original activation date:13th Sept
      Sky BB activated:10th Dec

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast