Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Up to 7000 customers left without Sky broadband?

This is a discussion on Up to 7000 customers left without Sky broadband? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; psycho, and anybody else, is your internet connection still active even without an internet green light, as mine is being ...

bob
      bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: highway
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sky activation

psycho, and anybody else, is your internet connection still active even without an internet green light, as mine is being reported.
      i am trying to see if there is a pattern emerging of long term disconnections occuring after relatively short times of actually being on-line,and technical saying the line is still active.
      an active line can be misinterpreted down a chain of different offices/departments!
      my internet connection has been down for 15 weeks today, after having 2 sublime days of being connected at 8 meg.
      i have had all the usual replies of exchange problems, but nobody at sky can give me an answer to the question "if there are problems at the coventry highway exchange, why have people who have been disconnected a shorter time than me been reconnected, and also why are more people being signed up and connected if there is a problem"
      does anybody else know if other people have been connected at their expense.
      an on-going problem is not a sufficient answer to any ones case.
      if bt engineers are in the exchange connecting people, then surely a re-connection could be resolved at the same time, or is that too naive to asume?
      being cynical perhaps the fee to bt from sky for a connection gets paid on time, whereas a service arrangement may not.
      i have been a sky subscriber since the first days of analogue satellite tv, but if this is the way they want to treat their customers they may pay heavily in the long run when cancellations and trimming of services start to escalate because their infrastructure is so rocky.

2. Advertisement
      Jackson_50 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Sky Broadband Team View Post
      We’ve checked carefully since this thread started and are pleased to confirm that this rumour is wrong. Since the launch of Sky Broadband, we’ve become aware of some customers whose lines were cancelled without their authorisation but the number is very, very small in comparison with the rumoured 7,000 figure.

We’re working with these customers and BT Openreach to understand what happened in these cases. We want to get these customers back up and running and we’re pleased to say that their lines should be reactivated very soon.

Sky Broadband Team
      That sounds like good information. But some of your comments raise theyre own questions. You say you are "pleased to confirm that this rumour is wrong" in one sentence, then appear to confirm that it is infact true in another comment. On summarising your post it would appear the only thing "untrue" about the rumour is the number of people affected, the rumour (as you have confirmed) is very much the truth.
      Would also have been nice for you to announce the correct figures on the number of users affected and an ETA as to when these affected people can expect to be re-connected. The post is remnant of a political type answer, these people are human, if you have the information they have the right to hear please post it. No need for scripted answers here, we are all adults.

dgilbert2 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Loughborough
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Maybe Sky should consider a "Status Page" to stop the rumours.

Its always good though to hear from someone at Sky to put "the other sides" view forward!

thanks
      A simple crude speed test:-

Download Test.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123