Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Price rise All Fools day

This is a discussion on Price rise All Fools day within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Price rise for Broadband and phone https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...kages-in-april...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Price rise All Fools day

Price rise for Broadband and phone

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...kages-in-april

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Re: Price rise All Fools day

Hello Isitme
      Well hear We go again I thought it had been too quiet of late I was under the impression that Ofcom
      was encouraging Suppliers to Keep or Lower Prices especially the Line Rental Charge but it appears
      that has fallen on 'Deaf Ears' again......
      .!!!!
      There must come a Time when saturation point is reached along with peoples willingness to pay
      more & more of the Family income unfortunately in Todays World it is very difficult to survive
      everyday life without an internet connection as more services require an online presence.
      personally, We as a family could discard the Landline : But we have Elderly Relatives Mum, Dad etc
      who do not use Mobiles as I suspect many others have the same requirement.

Just a Thought..................Have a Good Weekend............

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Its all revenue and if companies can get an extra 1 out of there customers each month it all adds up and that's the name of the game, income, revenue, profits its all down to the end figure.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Does the "All Fools" refer to the Sky subscribers?

Thanks

Hello All
      Just looked at My bill for February & future bills My April account show's an increase of 1.50
      on Box Sets (old family pack) No notification given of any increase in TV packs email or post ?
      just added to future bills. So Felix T Cat may well be right 'All Fools' are Sky subscribers...............
      !!!!
      With all the repeats that continue to run & run Maybe its time to look elsewhere. Shame really but this
      will be the Second increase in the last Week Licence Fee now Tv package maybe BB & Phone next.
      Who Know's...................???????

Just a Thought.....................

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

I currently have full sky sports for 20 + 2 sky sports hd, both discounted. Fibre unlimited 11.01 (that is with the discounted half price line rental with payg talk for 10 + 1.01 fibre unlimited), both un-contracted, no increase for either of those.
      But HD with boxsets was up 1.50 from April future bill into contract.
      The sky q 12 multiscreen is not negotiable.
      Happy!
      Last edited by lettice; 27-03-18 at 05:36 PM.
      bubblegun and seawright like this.

Thanks

Hello All
      Just had a look at My current Bill & thought I would check April as well & 'surprise surprise' Good Old Sky have
      sneaked another increase in with No Advanced Warning, This time My Bill Rises by Six (6) Pounds a month..........!!!!!
      2.00 on Entertainment 1.00 on phone (Evenings & Weekends) plus 1.00 on Q then 2.00 on fibre BB & We are still paying 5.00 for HD which should be removed as all TV Sets must be HD standard now surely.......

Despite the fact that I agreed to have SkyQ a couple of Months ago (which I have come to regret) as for Me personally, it fails to deliver much (4K has very little to offer apart from the Wildlife programmes) which are few & far between as the presentation cannot alter the 'Crap' content that most of the New Shows contain.
      But I suppose the New Owners want to redeem the Costs of purchasing Sky & the subscribers are an easy option I have not checked the other options Netflix sports films etc.
      Once My Contract nears completion I and possibly many others will be looking at renewal & wondering 'Do We Need to Pay More'or can we get a reasonable service without it Costing So Much...................
      After all most families only have so much Money to spend each month & with the ongoing Brexit Saga prices are certain to rise as sure as the 'Sun will come up each morning' Hopefully......!!!!

Just a Thought.....................
      Last edited by wizard200; 26-02-19 at 07:12 PM. Reason: x eyed

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Yep I got the letter today. My fibre broadband is going up by 2 a month. So much for the "free" speed increase that they promised me around the middle-ish of last year which I still haven't had. So glad I don't have their, mostly, rubbish telly any more.
      wizard200 likes this.

Thanks

Hello Pete.i
      I think having thought about this all day that when My current contract ends I will not renew despite
      being with Sky over 20+ years I will not be willing to pay the ever-increasing cost of subscription
      for a lot of channels that we never watch just to get the channels, We do watch & paying extra for HD
      which should
      at least be the default format now.
      As for the BB cost fibre Max I don't mind so much but the Line Rental which Sky pay Openreach is way
      to expensive Offcom stated over a year ago that it could be reduced but like all these So Called regulators
      did nothing about it I work less than half a mile from an international airport & I am unable to get a decent
      mobile signal due to poor coverage from any network & despite numerous enquiries Nothing........!!!!!

So we will be reviewing our options when the time comes & make the decision Hopefully the right One.

Just a Thought......................

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wizard200 View Post
      Hello Pete.i
      I think having thought about this all day that when My current contract ends I will not renew despite
      being with Sky over 20+ years I will not be willing to pay the ever-increasing cost of subscription
      for a lot of channels that we never watch just to get the channels, We do watch & paying extra for HD
      which should
      at least be the default format now.
      As for the BB cost fibre Max I don't mind so much but the Line Rental which Sky pay Openreach is way
      to expensive Offcom stated over a year ago that it could be reduced but like all these So Called regulators
      did nothing about it I work less than half a mile from an international airport & I am unable to get a decent
      mobile signal due to poor coverage from any network & despite numerous enquiries Nothing........!!!!!

So we will be reviewing our options when the time comes & make the decision Hopefully the right One.

Just a Thought......................

Well in my opinion a great deal of what you pay Sky for on the telly is absolute rubbish. In fact I cannot think of anything that I would want to pay Sky for on the telly. Saying that the vast majority of programs on ALL the medias is rubbish but at least on Freeview and or Freesat it is free, apart from the rip off BBC licence of course. If I want to watch a film, which is a rareity for me, I will wait for it to come out on DVD/Blueray or whatever the current viewing medium is at the time. I'm not at all interested in sports and most certainly not interested in cooking programs or channels. If I want to buy something I go to Ebay or Amazon or even occasionally the shops in the town.

Having said all that I will give Sky their due for their broadband. For me it has been second to none. I just wish they would keep their promise of upgrading my broadband for free BEFORE they hike the price. Kinda makes a mockery of the offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast