Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Like Tree6Likes

Sky partners with Devialet to launch new Sky Soundbox

This is a discussion on Sky partners with Devialet to launch new Sky Soundbox within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by mikelane Just a thought, Sky are offering the Soundbox at a discount to Q subscribers. Which implies ...

morgee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Burnham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Q Silver Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Sky partners with Devialet to launch new Sky Soundbox

Quote Originally Posted by mikelane View Post
      Just a thought, Sky are offering the Soundbox at a discount to Q subscribers. Which implies that non Q users can buy it albeit at a higher price. Why would they do that if it was not compatible with their boxes?
      I don't believe it's necessarily incompatible it's more that the box is designed specifically with the Sky Q in mind as it can decipher the audio metadata types like sport, crowd, music and movie etc. It has AFAIK been designed to be extra compatible with the Q box as opposed to only the Q box.

2. Advertisement
      mikelane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pinner
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morgee View Post
      I don't believe it's necessarily incompatible it's more that the box is designed specifically with the Sky Q in mind as it can decipher the audio metadata types like sport, crowd, music and movie etc. It has AFAIK been designed to be extra compatible with the Q box as opposed to only the Q box.
      Iíve now read some reviews and what the Soundbox does vis a vis the Q Box is adapt automatically to the things you mention such as sport, movies etc. However, it appears that one can manually achieve the same in conjunction with other equipment by manually making adjustments in the settings. On that basis, I just ordered the box. On a side note, I find it strange that I registered some time ago for further details on the Soundbox but have never received any and only found out of its availability on this Forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelane View Post
      I’ve now read some reviews and what the Soundbox does vis a vis the Q Box is adapt automatically to the things you mention such as sport, movies etc. However, it appears that one can manually achieve the same in conjunction with other equipment by manually making adjustments in the settings. On that basis, I just ordered the box. On a side note, I find it strange that I registered some time ago for further details on the Soundbox but have never received any and only found out of its availability on this Forum.
      That's sort of what I meant but you put it better. I registered my interest, like you, some time ago and got an email last week telling I could phone Sky and order as a priority customer becauase I had registered interest. I was warned however when I ordered that the demand has taken them a bit by surprise.

Thanks

My Sky Soundbox arrived yesterday. Easy install and thus far, although not fully tested with all options as yet, I have to say I'm very impressed. Certainly beats the sound of the inboard TV speakers hands down.

EDIT
      The box has become defective and will be returned. No Q sound so basically now a 'big' TV speaker.
      Last edited by morgee; 26-11-17 at 08:38 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234