Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree26Likes

Sky to offer a customer loyalty programme

This is a discussion on Sky to offer a customer loyalty programme within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sky to offer a customer loyalty programme On a 12-month rolling basis churn was up year on year to 11.6%, ...

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

On a 12-month rolling basis churn was up year on year to 11.6%, reflecting an increased proportion of broadband customers now making up our total customer base – who have a greater propensity to switch providers - and the highly promotional environment we are operating in. While this trend has continued for longer than expected, we are confident in the plans we have been developing to address this. Over the course of this year we will be launching a full loyalty programme that we believe will deliver tangible results and reflect the success of our loyalty programme in Italy. We’ve already seen an excellent response to our customer Christmas gifting campaign and going forward want to reward loyalty and customer longevity in order to build even stronger customer relationships.
      Taken from today's financial results.
      https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...edium=referral
      Scubbie, wizard200 and BobAJob like this.

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMDRO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 + Huawei HG612
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky to offer a customer loyalty programme

This has been a long time coming and will be welcomed by many! Be interesting to see the T&Cs though (for TV customers only perhaps?)
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by Sky Broadband since 2007 ++

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

We have been asked about this over the last six months through surveys from sky and their other means, but no detail.
      Do hope its something to really push loyalty.
      Wonder what they have had in Italy, may give us some idea.

As a starter I would be happy if they offered free broadband and line rental, if I take up to sky sports.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMDRO
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 + Huawei HG612
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Plenty of references but scant details. This is the best I could find...

Sky Italia lancia Extra e riconosce ai clienti il valore del tempo passato insieme. Al via domani lo spot con una produzione Akita Film. Protagonisti Joe Bastianich, Mika e Gianluca Vialli, angeli custodi degli abbonati. Creatività Connection-e &lsaq

"Giving value to the time spent together: this is the principle that inspires Extra, the new 'program' dedicated to Sky customers which starts tomorrow with a campaign aimed at the entire subscriber base with Sky for at least a year.

In line with the company's strategy to keep the customer always at the center of all initiatives and activities, Extra is a new way of conceiving the relationship with the subscriber, an innovation compared to traditional loyalty and rewarding programs, which will give the ability to access a series of increasingly rich way advantages and benefits with the number of years spent with Sky.

Protagonists of the campaign are Joe Bastianich, Mika and Gianluca Vialli in the role of the guardian angels of the Sky subscribers who accompany them in their daily lives and engage with each other to figure out what rewards and benefits may be desired, always managing to respond better to their expectations.

From the first year all Sky subscribers get Extra. In addition to receiving content and exclusive products Sky, also based on the seniority of their subscription, customers will be able to participate in a series of live events targati Sky and enjoy a dedicated support, benefit and promotions on brand partner products, including RCS, Fastweb, UBI Banca, Total Erg, Genialloyd, Nespresso.

Subscribers will be divided into four clusters based on the seniority of the subscription. Those who are customers for over a year will have access immediately to contests and brand partners products and Sky Go, while for those with Sky for three years there will be the exclusive Sky preview (Early On Demand) and Super HD. Who's with Sky for six years, however, in addition to the advantages provided in the first two groups, will have special discounts on Sky Primafila and content in products and services (Primafila extra). Those who have always been customers (over 10 years) as well as having all of this can take advantage of a dedicated customer care service and participate in the initiatives that will take them directly to the scene of the great show of Sky and of the most important sporting events.

In the wake of the previous 'Just for You', Extra will have a new web page in the website customers Sky.it that subscribers will be able to visit at any time to discover all the benefits and available promotions. The page will have a new layout and will be fully customized according to the subscriber's cluster. In addition to the site, it will soon be possible to access also Extra thanks to the special app via smartphones and tablets.

For the launch of Extra, Sky has been entrusted to the consulting firm Connection-and, led by Francesca Morelli, who has been working alongside the Marketing and Customers of Sky communications.

Connection-and took care of all the evolution of the communication project of Extra, from the name to the site design, from creative concept, copy the approach in the direct marketing material.

With the launch, also comes a new visual identity and all communication materials dedicated exclusively to existing customers. New logo, new graphic designs in line with the corporate identity Sky, new customers in the area log in dedicated.

The TV campaign, produced from Akita Film directed by Ago Panini and designed by Sibilla Barbieri says the many different situations of life of Sky customers, in which the Sky Angels - Bastianich, Vialli and Mika - intervene to take care of customers entrusted to them, giving each the most appropriate care. A format which is a prelude to new subjects and the use of different talent for telling Sky initiatives Extras"
      lettice likes this.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by Sky Broadband since 2007 ++

tech3475 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Personally, I prefer a cheaper bill and access to the Discovery channel.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tech3475 For This Useful Post:

BurnIT (29-01-17)

Dave_R is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01625
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: BT HomeHub v5
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tech3475 View Post
      Personally, I prefer a cheaper bill and access to the Discovery channel.
      +1
      I only found out about the Sky/Discovery tantrums from a completely unrelated source yesterday. I feel the way they have, correction have not, kept customers abreast of developments is frankly offensive. They are very efficient at pushing out promotional emails and price rise increases but it strikes me they have suppressed information on this one. Sure, if you happen to visit their webpage on a daily basis you'd know, but in the real world who does that?!

I called to discuss yesterday. I did not bother with stupid online chat but went straight to the cancellation line. I've reached a point where I've had a bellyful of constant rises and <removed> back in terms of recognition of loyalty. Seems more than coincidence that at the same time this is kicking off, I am reading of "loyalty recognition" and "Sky without dish" on the horizon. Too little, too late, people.

I love the info on their page regarding what other channels there are instead of the Disco suite. Err yeah but the point is the programmes I want to watch aren't on those are they? <removed>

I was offered a healthy discount yesterday but declined it as that would mean a new 12m contract. Why <removed> would I do that when they are out of control of their content?
      In the chat I had I was given the sob story about how Sky feel they've been overpaying bla bla bla, and literally laughed at the person I was speaking to, saying welcome to our world where it's swallow the price rise or go elsewhere.

They really need to sort themselves out as this could be the last straw for me. As someone that falls into their 10 years+ bracket I'm not feeling that special, at all.
      Last edited by Scubbie; 27-01-17 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Removed offensive language
      tech3475 likes this.

BurnIT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01827
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Terrific isn't it when the loyalty bonus is a new way of getting even more money from users.
      speedyrite and ANDARIAL like this.

AvoriazSkier is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02920
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity II
      Router: BT HH6
      Sky TV: Three HD+ boxes
      Thanks

In order to pay even more to the EPL and give ever larger bonuses to already over paid executives!
      speedyrite and ANDARIAL like this.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

My money would be on it being offers on discounted services like gym memberships, meal deals, free Sky Stores, etc.

Previously there was Sky rewards which was ended a few years ago where there was discounted cinema tickets and offers on days out, etc.

I am not aware of what this scheme will entail, I'm just guessing.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER115UK + SkyQ Booster 2
      Sky TV: sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

Hello All
      I keep hearing reports of some sort of loyalty scheme for Sky Customers but have not seen any details
      I only hope this will be more successful for Me than the previous reward scheme We never did manage to
      obtain any tickets for events despite many attempts...........
      I would like to see a ' No Claims' type scheme
      where you can obtain discounts based on length of time with Sky ;ie 5/10/15/20 years or more.
      I think this would be well received by Many Sky Customers who see all the offers going only to New Customers
      as you could argue that it is the Long Term Customers who make Sky what they are Today........

Just a Thought.........it may never happen

Sky to offer a customer loyalty programme-speedof.me_17-06-05.jpg
      Stevielynn likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast