Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

ISP Sky Broadband Confirms Line Rental Price Hike to 18.99

This is a discussion on ISP Sky Broadband Confirms Line Rental Price Hike to 18.99 within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Thanks Scubbie. I have never had problems anyway, only many years ago when my broadband was actually with BT (and ...

davews is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Re: ISP Sky Broadband Confirms Line Rental Price Hike to 18.99

Thanks Scubbie. I have never had problems anyway, only many years ago when my broadband was actually with BT (and fixed 2Mb/s, remember those days?). When I reviewed costs this time last year the fact that Sky no longer did LRS was the killer and now that Sky line rental is more or less the same as BTs as is also cost for anytime calls it is even more so. People moan at BTs prices but in reality they are still very competitive and Sky is getting expensive.

By the way, no comment on here yet, but have you visited the official Sky forums this week? Their 'new look' forums are a disaster. Never found much on there anyway, just loads of moaners with poor connections, these forums certainly do a far better job.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,599 Posts

By the way, no comment on here yet, but have you visited the official Sky forums this week? Their 'new look' forums are a disaster. Never found much on there anyway, just loads of moaners with poor connections, these forums certainly do a far better job.
      Couldn't agree more.. They seem to be aiming at illiterates who only understand nice pictures. I hope you didn't have a hand in that mess Scubbie.
      Scubbie likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,185 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davews View Post
      Thanks Scubbie. I have never had problems anyway, only many years ago when my broadband was actually with BT (and fixed 2Mb/s, remember those days?). When I reviewed costs this time last year the fact that Sky no longer did LRS was the killer and now that Sky line rental is more or less the same as BTs as is also cost for anytime calls it is even more so. People moan at BTs prices but in reality they are still very competitive and Sky is getting expensive.
      That was some time back, but then I also remember attempting to dial in to various boards using a 9600 BAUD Modem a long time back and sharing a series of such Modems in a company's Mainframe setup for the regional offices.

Quote Originally Posted by davews View Post
      You'll find me on both SkyUser and the Sky forums. I tend to visit a few specific areas there as there is too much traffic to cover everything. There is an option to change the display to 'Traditional' if you prefer. I haven't found it myself though. I'm keeping quite as to how successful it is or not. The change has happened and it's staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I hope you didn't have a hand in that mess Scubbie.
      Thankfully I'm innocent of all charges 'me lord. There was some testing prior to the public launch and various issues were resolved as a result.

As for preferring the layout here, agreed. It works and works well. Of course we could do with an update to help handle some different environments better, however SkyUser can be access using both Forum Runner and Tapatalk apps available on both iOS and Android phones and tablets.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

P.S.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

There is an option to change the display to 'Traditional' if you prefer. I haven't found it myself though. I'm keeping quite as to how successful it is or not. The change has happened and it's staying.
      I found the change to Traditional and selected it, but it did not seem to make any difference.

BTW, Its in the Preference options of MySettings.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMDRO
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 + Huawei HG612
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I found that the change to traditional didn't seem to take effect until the next time I logged in.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by Sky Broadband since 2007 ++

lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      I found that the change to traditional didn't seem to take effect until the next time I logged in.
      Yes it did need a new sign in.
      Traditional mode all the way for me, without it the navigation was all over the place.

Thanks

It could be it has changed, but it still takes 3 clicks to get to the Broadband page for instance.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

It can be difficult to navigate all the different forums, especially when you require a specific one for the first time.

If you are a regular visitor then you can 'float' a forum, making it easier to spot both the forum and new content.

As I normally stick to a few specific areas, I normally respond to email notifications of jump to the specific forum I want to post in.

The general layout now resembles better the layout for the sky.com site. It is not likely to roll back to the previous layout as took much time has been spent developing this new layout. Issues are being identified and resolved though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12