Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree1Likes

UK ISP Sky Broadband to Trial 18Mbps Sky Fibre Lite FTTC “Fibre” Product

This is a discussion on UK ISP Sky Broadband to Trial 18Mbps Sky Fibre Lite FTTC “Fibre” Product within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by Scubbie As for the 25GB monthly usage cap, many ISPs, including Sky, have had caps on their ...

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Sky
      Sky TV: SkyQ
      Thanks

Re: UK ISP Sky Broadband to Trial 18Mbps Sky Fibre Lite FTTC “Fibre” Product

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      As for the 25GB monthly usage cap, many ISPs, including Sky, have had caps on their respective ADSL packages for years. Sky's Connect product had a limit of 40GB. Their 'free' ADSL2+ product included when someone just wanted a cheap landline had a 5GB cap.
      It's 2Gb cap and always has been. Most people would struggle to keep within this in a day never mind a month.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bubblegun For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (26-06-16)

3. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Openreach has extended this trial which was due to end on 14th December 2016 to 31st March 2017 and also relaxed the ADSL minimum speed requirement from 3Mb/s to 10Mb/s.

openreach.co.uk

NGA032/16 GEA-FTTC 18/2 Mbps speed tier special offer update

11/10/2016 For Information

NGA Communications Providers (CPs).

This briefing provides an update to our existing special offer on GEA-FTTC 18/2 Mbps for slow speed ADSL Lines.

GEA-FTTC 18/2 Mbps speed tier special offer

This briefing acts as an update to the special offer we’re currently running on GEA-FTTC 18/2 Mbps for slow speed ADSL lines. (Previous briefing ref: NGA012/16 GEA - FTTC - 18/2 Mbps SPECIAL OFFER, can be accessed on our Portal.)

Highlights of current special offer

• 18/2 speed tier available at £4 per line, per month. Lower than standard GEA speed tiers enabling CPs to create options to uplift end customers experiencing poor ADSL speeds.
      • Available from 15 June 2016 until 14 December 2016.
      • Special offer is subject to standard GEA-FTTC terms, conditions and prices subject to change.

Future special offer enhancements

From 7 November 2016, we’re enhancing the existing special offer by:

• Adding additional qualifying cabinets.
      • Increasing the availability of the offer to apply to qualifying ADSL lines speed criteria <10Mbps. This is an uplift from our current <3Mbps speed criteria.
      • Extension of the special offer duration to run until 31 March 2017.

Terms of the offer including duration, service level agreements, and price remain the same.

If you have any questions, please get in touch with your Openreach sales and relationships manager who’ll be happy to help.

Issued by PB

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

For me what made me join sky was.

static ip (they dropped this now for new customers tho) - BT you need to be on business to get static ip
      inclusive call rental
      and what I think is a better performing network, certianly in my own case sky have a POP in my city so I get excellent latency to london.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,181 Times in 2,055 Posts

Sky have only ever offered a static IP addresses with their Pro products.

As for Ping values, this should not change with this product being trialled as Sky would still be using the same backhaul systems.

It is annoying that Sky no longer sell SFUP to new customers. It was never promoted by Sky and you had to telephone them to be able to order it. SFUP is also not the cheapest 80/20 based product. As a direct resukt the numbers who have SFUP are very low. SFM should be available to order online for new customers.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123