Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Sky announces senior executive appointments

This is a discussion on Sky announces senior executive appointments within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; British Sky Broadcasting (Sky) announced today a number of senior management appointments. Mike Darcey, Sky's Group Commercial and Strategy Director, ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky announces senior executive appointments

British Sky Broadcasting (Sky) announced today a number of senior management
      appointments.

Mike Darcey, Sky's Group Commercial and Strategy Director, becomes Chief
      Operating Officer. Mr Darcey has made important contributions to the company's
      growth and strategic development and with this new and expanded role will
      continue to support the business on a broad basis.

Brian Sullivan, Sky's Director of Product Strategy and Management, is appointed
      to the position of Managing Director, Customer Group with responsibility for
      leading the company's marketing, product development and customer service
      teams. Mr Sullivan, who has been instrumental in Sky's multi-product strategy
      through the successful launch of Sky+, multiroom, Sky HD and Sky Broadband,
      takes up the role following the announcement that Jon Florsheim, Sky's Chief
      Marketing Officer and Managing Director, Customer Group, is to leave the company
      after 12 years to become Chief Executive of Homeserve GB and an Executive
      Director of Homeserve plc.

Matthew Anderson, Sky's Group Director for Communications, assumes the new role
      of Group Director for Communications and Brand Marketing, taking on
      responsibility for brand marketing in addition to leadership of the company's
      publicity, corporate communications, public affairs, internal communications and
      corporate responsibility activities. By bringing together all of these
      functions, Sky aims to ensure a strongly integrated approach to brand
      communications across all audiences.

Didier Lebrat is to join Sky in December 2006 in the newly-created role of Chief
      Technology Officer from Vodafone Italy, where he currently holds the same
      title. The creation of the new role brings together the leadership of Sky's
      Information Technology, Customer Technology, Network Infrastructure and
      Broadcast Platform teams. In providing single leadership, Sky aims to ensure
      that its technology operations are closely aligned with its changing needs as it
      grows its pay-TV business and expands into the broadband and telephony markets.

Commenting on the new appointments, James Murdoch, Sky's Chief Executive, said:

'The coming together of entertainment and communications is transforming the
      scale of the opportunities before Sky. These appointments ensure that Sky is
      well positioned as a challenger in the combined industry of pay TV, broadband
      and telephony and underscore the high calibre of Sky's executive team. I am
      pleased to be able to make three appointments from our existing team and to
      welcome such an accomplished executive as Didier to Sky. As one of the most
      experienced executives in the European telecoms industry, he is ideally placed
      to lead Sky's technology operations at this exciting time for our business.'

Commenting on Jon Florsheim's contribution to Sky over more than a decade, he
      added:

'Jon has played a significant role in the growth of Sky's customer base and the
      strength of its brand. He is a valued colleague and I would like to thank him
      personally for the fundamental contribution that he has made to Sky's success.
      We wish him well.'

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      djjerryatric is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01375
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited - that's a laugh!
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      There you go chaps and chapesses. Rewards for the people who masterminded Sky Narrowband. It's only fair isn't it? How does one measure success? By the number of new Broadband accounts rolled out? Or by the number of WORKING broadband accounts rolled out? I'll give you three guesses. (That's just in case you're the forgetful type and can't remember what your first guess was)

Here's a fairy story. Sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin.......
      Once upon a time there was a kindly king called Rupert who ruled over the kingdon of Skymania. He loved his subjects and, one day, when he saw that some barons were oppressing his people and making them pay for turnips while pretending that they were choice juicy pineapples. Rupert rode up and, with one swipe of his mighty sword he beheaded all the barons.

"Fear not my good subjects!" he commanded. "From now on I'll personally make sure that you all have fresh juicy pineapples evrery day and for nothing!"
      Well, I can dream can't I?
      No reply to my formal complaint yet. Forgot to put my phone number on the letter, but they're efficient aren't they? I mean. they have my account details don't they? They can get the number from that can't they?

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Never mind managers. It's engineers they're seriously lacking.

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      They seem to have a brilliant workforce, They just need to know how to use them!