Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Update to Sky+ makes box set binge-watching, the nationís favourite TV habit, even easier

This is a discussion on Update to Sky+ makes box set binge-watching, the nationís favourite TV habit, even easier within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...it-even-easier The latest update to Sky+ will make it even easier to binge-watch your way through the addictively good shows ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Update to Sky+ makes box set binge-watching, the nationís favourite TV habit, even easier

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...it-even-easier

The latest update to Sky+ will make it even easier to binge-watch your way through the addictively good shows on Sky Box Sets. The first software update of 2016 signals Sky's ongoing commitment to making the UK's biggest connected TV platform, Sky+, even better for customers.

The changes come as Sky Box Sets customers will get exclusive access to the full series of The Tunnel: Sabotage and Billions, the highly anticipated new SHOWTIME drama, at the same time as the first episode premieres on Sky Atlantic. Current shows such as The Knick and Alan Partridge's Mid-Morning Matters are already there in full for Sky Box Sets customers to view, with more exclusive shows to come later this year.

With further updates rolling out over the coming months, putting great TV at the heart of Sky+, Sky customers will find it even easier than ever to get totally absorbed into the latest series. Navigation is now quicker and simpler allowing you to choose to download complete box sets to binge on.

Brand new features being introduced include:

• Line up a whole box set to watch with Download All. Now customers can select to move the full series into their Planner, with the first two episodes downloading automatically.
      • Get stuck in to a series with Watch Next. Towards the end of a show, you will see an on screen prompt to ‘watch next episode’ if you’ve downloaded the whole series. If you decide to keep watching by pressing the green button the next episode will play immediately.

These new features are rolling out amidst a great line up of popular shows making it even easier for customers to watch another episode from gripping series such as Twin Peaks, The Walking Dead and The Blacklist.

Michele Swaine, Director of Product Development said: "We’re introducing even more features that reflect the changing TV habits of our customers. Up to 95% of viewing of dramas, for example, can take place after the episode is shown live as people increasingly choose to enjoy shows on demand. We’re committed to giving customers the choice of how they enjoy the shows they love whether that’s live TV or moving from episode to episode of your favourite box set. Customers can look forward to some really exciting updates in 2016 to Sky+."

Other features being introduced as part of this update are:

• More recognisable show images across Sky+ to help decide what to watch – with images added to New Series, Suggestions, Search and TV Box Sets.
      • Movies in the recently launched Watchlist are now ordered by the date they expire from Sky Movies making it easier to never miss a movie again. Customers may also choose to sort this list by A-Z, Recently Added, Oldest or Age Rating using the blue button.
      • Even more Suggestions are presented when you select Top Picks with eight suggestions of shows and movies based on what’s in your Planner.

Recent updates to Sky+ give customers the ability to watch movies from the beginning with Restart, the ability to create your own personalised movie library with Watchlist, recommendations for movies with More Like This and an improved Planner order.

Millions of homes in the UK and Ireland enjoy the award-winning TV experience which Sky+ provides, combining the TV technology with an unbeatable line up of entertainment, movies and sport.

Notes to Editors

Customers should download all episodes of a series to make the most of Watch Next. With ‘Watch Next’ when you start playback of episode 1, episode 3 will automatically start downloading to enable you to watch the next episode at the end of episode 2.When you start playback of episode 2, episode 4 will start downloading.

This latest software update is now rolling out to customers and will be available to millions of homes with compatible Sky+HD boxes by late Spring.

To make the most of the recent updates, Sky customers need to connect their Sky+HD box to their home broadband. Visit sky.com/connect for more information.
      Note: I've posted a review here too.

2. Advertisement
      Mystic Eddy is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Apple AirPort ac Time Capsule
      Thanks

Re: Update to Sky+ makes box set binge-watching, the nationís favourite TV habit, even easier

Longest beta ever! Interesting to see that Sky have seemingly dropped 'HD' from the product branding.
      I Used To Have An Open Mind, But My Brain Kept Falling Out

Thanks

Re: Update to Sky+ makes box set binge-watching, the nationís favourite TV habit, even easier

It was a little bit of a marathon this last beta test.

I hadn't noticed the change in product branding, but you are correct.

However it is still the same box. i.e. Sky+ HD STB.

Of course the Sky Q range is all able to support 1080 50p, which is better than the Sky+ HD. The Q Silver can support upto 4K UHD, once the update is delivered.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

Line up a whole box set to watch with Download All. Now customers can select to move the full series into their Planner, with the first two episodes downloading automatically.
      I have the new R13 software but don't get this option. When I select a box set it goes direct to the first episode and there is no way to get it to the 'Download All' line at the top. Anybody else finding this?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Which box set are you picking?

For the purpose of the photos in the article I posted I used Glee and had no issue. I've also been checking out other box sets with no issues.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Mystic Eddy is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Apple AirPort ac Time Capsule
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I have the new R13 software but don't get this option. When I select a box set it goes direct to the first episode and there is no way to get it to the 'Download All' line at the top. Anybody else finding this?
      You should just need to have a box set in focus. While the cover art is highlighted, you should see an option to 'Press Select to view more or R to download all' at the bottom left of the screen. For example, such a prompt is visible to me via this route: Sky Box Sets > The Walking Dead. Highlighting each season shows the prompt to download all at the bottom.
      I Used To Have An Open Mind, But My Brain Kept Falling Out

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

OK, I think I have sussed it out. When you select a program from the tile screens you get the option to download all. But, if you use the ALL list, which I usually do, you do not get the option. You can only select record for each episode. I will have to get used to using the Tiles.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.