Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By marjohn56

Sky News Exclusive Interview With His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales

This is a discussion on Sky News Exclusive Interview With His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sky News Exclusive Interview With His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales ‘Climate Crisis: Prince Charles Speaks Out ‘TX 8pm ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Sky News Exclusive Interview With His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales

Sky News Exclusive Interview With His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales ‘Climate Crisis: Prince Charles Speaks Out ‘TX 8pm Monday 23rd November

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...-23rd-november

In a day of special coverage across all of Sky News’ platforms, including a 30 minute extended report – ‘Climate Crisis: Prince Charles Speaks Out’ – His Royal Highness talks about the effect of climate change on humanity and the world – and what might be done to stop it.

In an exclusive interview (recorded before the Paris attacks) with Sky News’ Royal Correspondent, Rhiannon Mills, The Prince of Wales has said that he believes there are links between climate change and conflict and terrorism. Talking about the current refugee crisis, The Prince suggested that climate change may have been one of the root causes of the problems in Syria. He said “We're seeing a classic case of not dealing with the problem, because, I mean, it sounds awful to say, but some of us were saying 20 something years ago that if we didn't tackle these issues you would see ever greater conflict over scarce resources and ever greater difficulties over drought, and the accumulating effect of climate change, which means that people have to move. And, in fact, there's very good evidence indeed that one of the major reasons for this horror in Syria, funnily enough was a drought that lasted for about five or six years, which meant that huge numbers of people in the end had to leave the land”.

When asked if there is a direct link between climate change, conflict and terrorism, he added “It's only in the last few years that the Pentagon have actually started to pay attention to this. I mean it has a huge impact on what is happening. I mean the difficulty is sometimes to get this point across – that if we just leave it and say, well there are obviously lots of, there are endless problems arising all over the place therefore we deal with them in a short term way, we never deal with the underlying root cause which regrettably is what we're doing to our natural environment."

The Prince told Sky News that even at a time of austerity we need to invest in protecting our planet otherwise “nature's bank” is at risk of “going bust”.

In his only interview ahead of the UN’s latest climate change conference, The Prince of Wales expressed his concerns that we are heading towards “catastrophes and chaos” if we don’t address environmental issues such as a rise in global temperatures with much more urgency. The Prince, a dedicated climate change campaigner for the past four decades, will deliver a keynote speech at COP21, which opens in Paris next Monday. Asked whether we can afford to deal with the issues at a time of austerity he said “The trouble is if we don't, this is the awful thing, if we don't it’s going to get so much worse, then life will become very, very complicated indeed, and what we're experiencing now will be as nothing to the problems. I mean the difficulties in 2008 with the financial crash – that was a banking crisis. But we're now facing a real possibility of nature's bank going bust. If you see it like that, we've been putting so much pressure on the natural systems and all those aspects of nature that we take for granted.” Later he added “Obviously I try to be as optimistic as possible, but sometimes you think that – do we really have to face catastrophes and chaos before we understand that real action needs to be taken? The difficulty with all that, is that by the time you try to take the action, it's already too late.”

Looking ahead to the meeting The Prince expressed doubts about whether the countries of the United Nations will be able to reach a consensus on cutting greenhouse gas emissions. He said “There’s been so many of these conferences that have happened over the years and I think I go back quite a long way on all this. I haven't been to all of them but I went to Copenhagen in 2009 and that really ended in disaster, frankly, which is a total tragedy because we've lost all those years in between, so there's a lot to catch up on. The trouble is it’s not going to be, I don't think the conference is going to be an end in itself, because it's after that, after the conference, because it's going to be very difficult I think to get agreement on the necessary reductions and the necessary actions that need to be taken to keep global warming at 2 degrees, or ideally below. So we then have to follow up, this is the key, and ratchet up the commitments after the Paris conference.”

2. Advertisement
      dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: Sky News Exclusive Interview With His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales

Perhaps if he and his family stopped jetting round the world all the time and being driven around in gas guzzling limos, it may begin to help the climate.

No, he expects to carry on as normal and try to make the peasants curtail their carbon footprint. The royal footprint must be huge.

One rule for the rich and another for the ordinary people.

Bring on the revolution!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Oh dear we have a republican on the forum

The Royals have been under pressure to reduce their carbon foot print. I believe the Prince Charles has also made a significant contribution to that work.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

I bet his carbon footprint is absolutely huge compared to that of an ordinary person despite his significant contribution to minimise it.

Parasitic scumbags the lot of them.

A product of a bygone age.

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited + Sky Talk
      Sky TV: sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

Hello dog-man
      I am afraid there has always been an 'Us & them' culture in this country !!
      starting well before the 'Bankrupt Greek Kebab Seller' that married the current
      head of the Royal family & thanks to the successful breeding programme from the
      next generation : This is set to continue long after our short stay on this Planet......!!
      So it is a case of Grin & bear it........Sorry !!!......

Just a Thought..............But you do not have to agree with everything they Say...

Thanks

I fail to understand why modern man accepts the concept of the royal family. It really baffles me as I see it as something from a bygone era when those with the most powerful army who killed the most people and stole the most valuables were seen as king or queen. In reality, these modern day parasites are derived from scum and criminals.

And morons worship their presence! I find that amazing.

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Router: HG612B + pfSense 2.3.3.a.20160903.1846
      Sky TV: DRX890c 2Tb
      Thanks

The fact that they generate billions in tourism receipts every year, probably because they're an anachronism does count for something.

Remember we had a revolution once and got rid of the monarchy, sadly it was replaced by a dictatorship, that's one of the reasons a monarchy was restored so that could not happen again. Republicans hate them, but even the king Republican took his seat on the privy council. Loyalists love them its probably about 60\40 in favour, maybe higher so they're here for then foreseeable future, just accept it.

Me, well I say let's just skip a generation and put Charlie out to pasture, at least the younger generation do work when they are not doing their royal things and have a better grasp on reality than thier forebears.
      Koala5 likes this.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      To every rule there is an exception, and vice versa
      -----------------------------------------------------------