Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Like Tree40Likes

Sky Q

This is a discussion on Sky Q within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by seawright I may be wrong but it would appear that Sky are not selling the new hub,just ...

paulwigfield is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rock Ferry
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky Q

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      I may be wrong but it would appear that Sky are not selling the new hub,just loaning it the same as the other SkyQ equipment.
      if this is the case im deffo moving to another provider. I want a decent router and have been waiting for sky to release a new one for what seems like years.

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I may be wrong but it would appear that Sky are not selling the new hub,just loaning it the same as the other SkyQ equipment.
      Yes it mentions that in the T&C

Sky Q – HD+ Bundle, MS+ and Sky Q, Sky Q Silver and Sky Q Mini Boxes

• An 18 month minimum terms applies to your Sky Q package. If you add MS+ to your existing Sky Q package an 18 Month minimum term applies to your new Sky Q package.
      • HD+ Bundle and MS+ prices may increase by up to 10% of the standard price once every 12 months. Other prices and services may also vary. We will let you know about any material changes before we make them.
      • Sky Q, Sky Q Silver and Sky Q Mini boxes including remotes supplied with them and the Sky Q Hub are loaned to you by Sky at no cost and must be returned when the Sky service they are used with ends. Any dish we provide is owned by you.
      • Your new contracts will be posted to your My Sky account. Create a SkyiD to log in from sky.com to view your terms and conditions.
      • You need active broadband for MS+ and to get the most out of your Sky Q and Sky Q Silver box(es).
      • Sky Q and Sky Q Silver boxes must connect to a TV using an HDMI cable.
      • The Sky Q app only works on compatible devices.
      • You can only use 2 Sky Q Mini boxes at the same time with a Sky Q Silver box or 1 with a Sky Q box. Sky recommend the maximum number of Mini Boxes connected and powered at any one time is 4.
      • If you are an existing Sky Q customer and you add MS+ we'll activate your MS+ subscription on the day you ordered it but you won't pay for it for the first 10 days. This is to give you time to receive and install your Sky Q Mini box(es).
      • You can view your bill at least 14 days before your monthly payment due date, make payments and manage your account online through My Sky, the Sky Service App or via the 'My Account' section on your Sky Q box.

Sky Terms and Conditions - New to Sky
      Full Sky Q T&Cs here
      http://www.sky.com/shop/__PDF/Sky_Q_contract.PDF

Perhaps my brain is not in gear today, what is MS+ ?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Multi Screen Plus (multiscreen with planner sharing)?

A confusing T&C
      You can only use 2 Sky Q Mini boxes at the same time with a Sky Q Silver box or 1 with a Sky Q box. Sky recommend the maximum number of Mini Boxes connected and powered at any one time is 4.
      In what scenario could someone have four Sky Q minis especially as being on loan they are unlikely to become available on E-Bay?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Multi Screen Plus (multiscreen with planner sharing)?

A confusing T&C In what scenario could someone have four Sky Q minis especially as being on loan they are unlikely to become available on E-Bay?
      What this means is that you could have a total of 5 Sky TV boxes, but only ever use three of them at the same time, providing that you have the Sky Q Silver, else it would be two.

In a large home with children you could have the Q Silver in the lounge, two Q Minis in the children's bedroom and one in the parent's bedroom. A final Q Mini could be in the kitchen or a second lounge.

You can have the four Q Minis, but only use two of them at the same time.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      What this means is that you could have a total of 5 Sky TV boxes, but only ever use three of them at the same time, providing that you have the Sky Q Silver, else it would be two.

In a large home with children you could have the Q Silver in the lounge, two Q Minis in the children's bedroom and one in the parent's bedroom. A final Q Mini could be in the kitchen or a second lounge.

You can have the four Q Minis, but only use two of them at the same time.
      That is hardly a large home, I always thought the average house with kids was 2.4 kids, a goldfish, rabbit, 2 cats and a dog... and occasionally Granny popping in.
      Glad we just use tablets now for that kind of around the house and garden viewing. The more I think about sky q, the more restrictive or cumbersome it seems.
      The pain of being in one room, going to the tv/mini turning it off, going to the other room, turning it on. And the shouting up to the kids, hang on two of us here want to watch something, sorry! Sounds messy.
      Also, thought sky was all about saving power, 5 tvs and 5 minis/box and hub along with some wireless extenders all plugged in, no wonder some people have huge power bills LOL!
      Last edited by lettice; 10-02-16 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks

Well the .4 child can get their TV fill by using one of the Sky Go Extra logins on his/her PS4 or Xbox One.

I heard that the rabbit has pinched a tablet, so they can watch Sky Q on that.

Meanwhile someone got annoyed with their smart phone which was constantly ringing when it wasn't meant to, so they dropped it in the Goldfish bowl.

All taken care of
      lettice, barriead and seawright like this.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Well the .4 child can get their TV fill by using one of the Sky Go Extra logins on his/her PS4 or Xbox One.

I heard that the rabbit has pinched a tablet, so they can watch Sky Q on that.

Meanwhile someone got annoyed with their smart phone which was constantly ringing when it wasn't meant to, so they dropped it in the Goldfish bowl.

All taken care of
      Ah, but the sky q app tablet quota is tied in with the sky q mini limitation, so still only 2.
      Clever Rabbit.
      The goldfish does not mind what to watch, its never a repeat for him.

Perhaps sky should integrate a spreadsheet app into sky q detailing what device to use at any given time, free up a fridge magnet.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

That's fine for nuclear families but what if you are a fully paid up member of Right to Life and CND?

I'm guessing that as even the most restrictive Powerline specification allow a maximum of eight devices you could use all the minis as wi-fi hot spots (even in standby?) but you might want to turn off the TVs while your Fluid Viewing comprises watching the goldfish jitterbugging to the unruly smart phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      Ah, but the sky q app tablet quota is tied in with the sky q mini limitation, so still only 2.
      Clever Rabbit.
      The goldfish does not mind what to watch, its never a repeat for him.

Perhaps sky should integrate a spreadsheet app into sky q detailing what device to use at any given time, free up a fridge magnet.
      You can connect 4 devices to the Sky Q Silver. You are limited to 2 Q Minis and 2 Tablets. Smart phones will be supported later this year. So for now the goldfish will be limited to watching the Discovery Channel

That's fine for nuclear families but what if you are a fully paid up member of Right to Life and CND?

I'm guessing that as even the most restrictive Powerline specification allow a maximum of eight devices you could use all the minis as wi-fi hot spots (even in standby?) but you might want to turn off the TVs while your Fluid Viewing comprises watching the goldfish jitterbugging to the unruly smart phone.
      I had thought that Good Life was available on Freeview, but apparently it's not (I just looked). Perhaps they could watch Yesterday or PBS America instead? There would be no point in watching the Travel channel as they might be on the no-fly list.

Seriously though, there are occasions where Sky+ HD or SkyHD is going to be a safer solution than Sky Q.

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

SkyQ is a separate system from Sky HD and should be looked upon as such and not a new gadget that because its out I want it regardless and because SkyQ does not fit your needs people have a tendency to start slagging the system off.

SkyQ is a up market premium product and should be looked as that and nothing else.

Mines being installed soon
      Scubbie likes this.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast